‘Best’ large scenario?

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
Parker’s Crossroads is probably the biggest non-HASL I have experienced. I don’t think it was really the best way to learn large forces. I would rather have a long map that made me consider how and where to defend.

Even better would be to play more large maps with fewer units on them. Not the same as that, but for me, desert scenarios and Flying Turrets call my name because of finally a chance for long range fire

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
Not a bad time at all, just a little too Verdun if you know what I mean. I’m down with some grinds every now and then, but what I really want out of a geographically large scenario is more maneuver.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Not a bad time at all, just a little too Verdun if you know what I mean. I’m down with some grinds every now and then, but what I really want out of a geographically large scenario is more maneuver.
Try attacking as the Russians in The Ring from the first Action Pack.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
Scenario errata has always been a thing I haven’t really sought out. I buy updated editions of things like Doomed Battalions so I can have the improved versions of those scenarios for balance.

Some others are impossible to balance. Specifically Italians. I have played many many of them. Probably more than either type of minors. The only well balanced ones are actually in ASLSK. I will accept errata if they release a major overhaul of Italians and give them some good units reflecting the actual quality of more committed units like the San Marcos Marines or the RSI.