‘Best’ large scenario?

pj norton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
CtR 17 "Clearing the Badlands"

The most fun monster scenario Ive ever played. The American player must play very aggressively and plan 2-3 turns in advance to have a shot. Several very different VCs must all be achieved. Uses the entire CtR map. Played it as each side, and enjoyed both sides immensely.
Yeah! This one is on my list of monsters to play someday.

phlegm027

Reaction score
Yep. BFP29 Hueishan Docks. Awesome scenario, Bob.

Some others with long double-digit playtimes for me:

BFP83 Second Belt. Excellent Kursk scenario.
BFP71 Surabaya Slugfest. Lots of fun.
VOTG12 Siberian Shockwave. Stalking
I’m so

rtroha

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
U23 Rehearsal for Crete was like playing three scenarios simultaneously. Just played AP56 Quagmire a few weeks ago and that also had three separate battles going on across the playing area.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
U23 Rehearsal for Crete was like playing three scenarios simultaneously. Just played AP56 Quagmire a few weeks ago and that also had three separate battles going on across the playing area.
Not to mention it has "old geezer" appeal being one of the SL series games redone for ASL.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Somewhere recently online someone was talking about one that hasn't been mentioned here: 117 Maggot Hill

I love this scenario. Played it twice, winning and the Japanese and losing as the American. I bought a 3D Jeff DeYoung board of the map. Need to haul that to ASLOK some year and troll for an opponent.

Peace

Roger

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Yep. BFP29 Hueishan Docks. Awesome scenario, Bob.

Some others with long double-digit playtimes for me:

BFP83 Second Belt. Excellent Kursk scenario.
BFP71 Surabaya Slugfest. Lots of fun.
VOTG12 Siberian Shockwave. Stalingrad
I've played all of these (can you tell my buddy and I like large scenarios). All were real fun.

Peace

Roger

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
CtR 17 "Clearing the Badlands"

The most fun monster scenario Ive ever played. The American player must play very aggressively and plan 2-3 turns in advance to have a shot. Several very different VCs must all be achieved. Uses the entire CtR map. Played it as each side, and enjoyed both sides immensely.
Glad to hear that. It looks great on paper.....

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
From the new Journal #13, there is J209 Corking the Chambois Bottle, from Ron Duenskie who playtests for me and is, along with Paul Sidhu and Steve Pleva, amongst the best players up here in the Northeast USA. These guys have all beaten on me in the past and are truly in the upper level of players I have seen in action in my lifetime, this scenario looks like a ton of fun as the Germans on attack try to pierce an American screen to get at the Poles and the VCs beyond. Well worth taking a look at, I will sometime this year.

Smedley

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From the new Journal #13, there is J209 Corking the Chambois Bottle, from Ron Duenskie who playtests for me and is, along with Paul Sidhu and Steve Pleva, amongst the best players up here in the Northeast USA. These guys have all beaten on me in the past and are truly in the upper level of players I have seen in action in my lifetime, this scenario looks like a ton of fun as the Germans on attack try to pierce an American screen to get at the Poles and the VCs beyond. Well worth taking a look at, I will sometime this year.
Hey Vic,

I will be playing this Thursday at Nor'easter as part of a team game with Jim Povey, Mike Sprague and Paul Anderson.......... Stop by and have a peek.

Rob