Search results

1. Alan Hume

What are the best means to balance a scenario?

Merry Christmas to everyone I just wanted to ask for your opinions on the best way to balance a scenario This to me seems like the hardest part of designing a scenario (and I don't think I'm very good at it) I'm just getting back into designing scenarios after a long lay off and this is the...
  2. Alan Hume

How best to represent 12th SS 'Training' battalion in 1945

Hey Guys, I am jotting down some notes for a possible scenario, British versus members of the 12th SS 'Training' battalion April 1945 in Germany (the 12th SS proper would be in Hungary now I think) The British sources state that the SS were 'fanatic', that is what I kind of...
  3. Alan Hume

Happy 4th of July everyone

Happy 4th of July to everyone in America, I hope you all have a terrific day
  4. Alan Hume

A bit of a moral dilemma

Recently, and I guess it's not for the first time, I've been having a bit of a moral dilemma I have been questioning the moral correctness of my hobby. I'll probably get over it (I usually do) but still, it troubles me I was basically concerned because, when you get right down to it, what we...
  5. Alan Hume

Late War HASL

I just wondered, if, after the Normandy HASL, MMP has any plans for any more late war modules? I know I have asked before if MMP will ever do a Battle of Berlin module but I think that was answered pretty well by everyone Anyhow, I just wondered if there was any plans to do anything else at...
  6. Alan Hume

Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July to everyone in America
  7. Alan Hume

Will we ever see an official Battle of Berlin HASL from MMP?

I was wondering if, given that other third party producers have already done it, (many times) if we will ever see an official Battle of Berlin HASL from MMP? I find the battle very interesting (late war in general I find very interesting) and don't own any of the third party modules so I was...
  8. Alan Hume

Hope everyone in Germany is okay

I just saw the report about the floods in Germany on the BBC News this afternoon I hope everyone is alright I have a friend in Hattingen and their area is very badly flooded luckily he lives at the top of a hill so he hasnt been affected but tragically people have lost their lives, this is awful
  9. Alan Hume

Happy 4th of July everyone'

Happy 4th of July to all the Americans on this forum, I hope you all have a great day
  10. Alan Hume

re. ASL Overlay Pack, any details?

Hey Guys, I just wondered if anyone had any details on the upcoming ASL Overlay pack? Will it be coming out anytime soon? Will it be die-cut at all so that you can just 'pop' them out rather than have to go through all the laborious work of cutting them out individually? I...
  11. Alan Hume

Upcoming new journal?

I just wondered if anyone had any news re the next ASL Journal? Does anybody have any idea when we will see it? Or, and indeed, what it may contain? Been an absolute age since the last one so I guess we must be due one soon
  12. Alan Hume

Pocket Chapter H?

Just wondered if anyone knew how far along this was I think people were saying it was on the way
  13. Alan Hume

OVERLAY PACK?

I just wanted to ask how things were moving along with the Overlay Pack? Can we expect it anytime soon and what sort of ballpark figure will it cost? (Oh, and will it be diecut so the overlays just pop out? I hate having to cut out overlays and I bet I'm not the only one:D)
  14. Alan Hume

Swedish Volunteers?

I think I read somewhere that the upcoming MMP release of Swedish Volunteers is not going to be available from retailers but instead only available direct from MMP. Does anyone know if this is true or not? Certainly if it is then that could be problematic for me, living in the UK the shipping...
  15. Alan Hume

Could anyone help me rewrite and tidy up this SSR please?

Hey Guys, Got a scenario which I've just about finished playtesting for Pete Phillips and VIEW FROM THE TRENCHES it's called 'Lucky in Lind' and I think it's fun I have a problem though, I have an SSR which allows for the British to get some 'free' smoke to help ensure that...
  16. Alan Hume

How do I find out?

Well, I have to admit I am stuck here, working on a scenario based upon the 4/5th Battalion, The Royal Scots Fusiliers during Operation Blackcock and the fighting for Lind in the Netherlands 18th January 1945 I have determined that their opposition was the German 176th Infanterie Division...
  17. Alan Hume

Question for a friend, tank ammo

A friend asked me today if I knew what kind of ammunition the North Koreans used in their T34's and SU76's specifically did they use APCR rounds. I had to be honest and admit I hadn't got a clue (and I've had no luck finding out) so I just wondered if anyone here would know at all? thanks guys
  18. Alan Hume

No SDKFZ. 135/1 in the countermix?

Well, I've just gone through all my German counters looking for a SDKFZ 135/1 15cm sFH.13/1 Auf Lorraine (figure it's one of those specially put together bits of kit based on the French tractor) A scenario I am working on has SPG's and, so far, it's looking like those are the ones (not 100%...
  19. Alan Hume

Where would I be able to find...

Living in the UK I just wondered if anyone could tell me how I might be able to get copies of American After Action Reports or War Diaries? I sure can't travel to the US to get them I was hoping there might be somewhere online I could get a copy (and hopefully for free, costs me enough just...
  20. Alan Hume

New WO Pack

I just wondered if anyone had any insight on the new Winter Offensive Pack at all? Here's hoping