Upcoming new journal?

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I just wondered if anyone had any news re the next ASL Journal?

Does anybody have any idea when we will see it? Or, and indeed, what it may contain?

Been an absolute age since the last one so I guess we must be due one soon

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I had a vision of board 77 coming with the clouds of Heaven.
And a voice told me : "Nobody knows the day, not even the Perry..."
Then I woke up.
Oh yeah, right enough I forgot that Board 77 ought to be coming with the magazine

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Ready for the new Journal and Out of the Attic #3 with all the revised 3W scenarios Bruce Probst redid and submitted years ago (and were winter offensive playtest mini s years ago)
I didn't realise that there was an Out of the Attic #3 on the way, that sounds good, will have to tweak the budget sure but that is very good news indeed

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Old Russian proverb: "The best is the enemy of the good."
Good scenarios become the best scenarios when they are played, and often.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
I didn't realise that there was an Out of the Attic #3 on the way
Uh, Bill was making a statement of hope, not fact. OotA #3 is not (to my knowledge) even on MMP's current "we are going to do this" list. It's more of a "if we run out of other things to publish" item, I believe.

Hey Bruce. How long ago did you submit those to MMP? I know it was at least 10 years ago I play tested a couple at Winter Offensive.
Hmm ... I think it was around 2012. I started work on them early 2006, although I'd say the bulk of the design and initial playtesting took place around 2009-2010.

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Uh, Bill was making a statement of hope, not fact. OotA #3 is not (to my knowledge) even on MMP's current "we are going to do this" list. It's more of a "if we run out of other things to publish" item, I believe.

Hmm ... I think it was around 2012. I started work on them early 2006, although I'd say the bulk of the design and initial playtesting took place around 2009-2010.
Well they say hope isn’t an option Bruce but I’ll hope that OotA 3 will become a reality so your works see’s the official light of day. I also like the thought of including The Geometry of ASL in that issue. I was lucky enough to be at the Texas Team Tournament when David have a quick tutorial on it. Very useful.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks, got you, I won't hold my breath then

atago44

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Go back to Journal #1 and read the initial blurb from MMP. They changed the name from Annual to Journal because they didn’t want to limit themselves to one a year. Just read it again today. 😊
When they first started publishing the Journal, wasn't there an offer by which you submitted your name to MMP, putting your name on a list to receive a copy every time a new journal came out?

Or is that simply one of the delusions of my dotage?

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If/when the newest Journal finally sees publication, and that mysterious map sheet (Board 77) has finally been published to the masses; I'm not counting the 2nd map-pack because there were no scenarios or articles that came in the map-pack.

Will Map Board 77 finally be available to order of the MMP website as a "Part"?

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They just listed ASL mapboards in the ASL section of the website last week.