Search results

1. bprobst

Minor counter bugs

(1) HtH Melee Counters at night -- they don't act as a gunflash (and should). Regular Melee counters work correctly. (2) Not sure if this has been reported before -- Chinese Communist counters don't conceal properly. Instead of creating a ChiCom "?" counter, they create a Russian-coloured...
  2. bprobst

My 2021 in ASL

Last year I completed 38 games. Also not counted are two or three playtests of scenarios not yet published. As usual these days I play most of my games via VASL, and COVID lockdowns made that even more true than usual, but 2021 saw a return to some games being played ftf. No tournaments this...
  3. bprobst

SS squad Assault Fire option

If you pull a 6-5-8 SS squad, you have an option to enable the Assault Fire FP underline for '44-'45. If you pull a 3-4-8 SS HS, and subsequently turn that HS into a full squad, the resulting 6-5-8 does not have the Assault Fire underline option. (Talking about the blue SS counters here, I...
  4. bprobst

SS Assault Engineers

The 5-4-8 SS AE and 8-3-8 SS AE are missing their "SS" symbol, although they appear correct in every other respect. Maybe not a huge deal, but if you had a scenario featuring Wehrmacht 8-3-8 AE and SS 8-3-8 AE the only way you could distinguish them would be to flip them to their broken side...
  5. bprobst

My 2020 in ASL

Last year I completed 34 games (and played most of the way through another, but didn't complete it until after 31 December so I'm not including it here). Also not counted are two or three playtests of scenarios not yet published. I play most of my games via VASL anyway, but of course as we all...
  6. bprobst

Bd32 keeps updating?

Saw this today while loading a saved game: - Board 32 is out of date. Updating... - Update succeeded - Board 32 is out of date. Updating... - Update succeeded - Board 32 is out of date. Updating... - Update succeeded - Board 32 is out of date. Updating... - Update succeeded - Board 32...
  7. bprobst

Draggable Overlay HW Suggestion

It would be handy if a new "draggable overlay" could be created, similar in concept to the existing "Fire Lane" and "FFE" overlays, that you could drop onto the map to quickly identify the hex grain applicable to a HW/Banzai/Cavalry Charge. It would merely need to be 8 hexes x 1 hex, in three...
  8. bprobst

Evan Sherry?

Has anyone seen/heard from Evan recently? I've sent him a couple of emails but had no response, and have not seen any recent postings from him here. Just wondering ....
  9. bprobst

PF counter

A "minimum priority" request: VASL provides a PF counter which I normally use to record number of PF shots available (via a label). Of course it can also be used in those scenarios making use of optional rule C13.311. That's all fine. However the counter depicts the PF as always having a...
  10. bprobst

BWN-5 Breda Bash

Just an observation: I found it strange that the extra counters provided in the Blitzkrieg in the West pack filled in some gaps and provided extras for the Germans, but the French were just ignored? There are insufficient French counters in a single copy of CdG to play this scenario. (And I'm...
  11. bprobst

Updated KGP maps for VASL?

There's nothing wrong (that I know of) with the current KGP maps available (ST, CH and LG) but there is room for improvement (as there was room for improvement on the original RB map leading to the RBv2 map). Specifically, I am contemplating the tedious task of pulling out my fine black pen, my...
  12. bprobst

Overlay extension -- H3 (hillock) issue

There is a problem with the H3 overlay. It's a bit hard to describe, but basically the locating numbers of the overlay (i.e., the 1-2) swap positions depending on how the overlay is rotated. I.E. default orientation is "1-2", rotate cw still "1-2", rotate again it becomes "2-1". Which is more...
  13. bprobst

ROK Japanese MTR

Finally getting around to sorting my KW counters. Did I miss something, or are there no dm 50mm MTR counters for ROK? There's no ordnance notes indicating that they can't be dm. I had ... questions ... regarding some of the SW counter allocations for the various nationalities ("Why are BCFK...
  14. bprobst

More map shenanigans (i.e., bugs and other difficulties)

Looking at scenario RPT90 "Need a Ticket to Ride" The map config required is: 34 (cropped Q-GG) 9a 7b (cropped 1-10) NUL No big deal there, except: We already know the bug that swaps the corner boards when you try to crop them. So if you want to crop 7b, you have to tell VASL that you're...
  15. bprobst

CanCon 2019 AAR

26-Jan-2019 through 28-Jan-2019, Canberra, ACT, Australia. Tournament organiser: Andy Rogers. 5 scenarios, although only the 1st 4 counted for tournament results, as by round 4 only 2 players had a 3-0 record. (Also several players were unable to attend on the last day.) 18 players (I think)...
  16. bprobst

Broken Bamboo VC

The VC state (in both versions): "The British win at game end if they Control >= 5 of the 6 building hexes that are <= 4 hexes from 47CC6." Let's pick the nits first: all of the "British" in this scenario are Gurkhas. Why not call them Gurkhas? A common complaint, but whatever. Slightly...
  17. bprobst

RBv2 map transformations not working?

Is it just me, or are the transformations for this map (gutting individual buildings, etc.) no longer working? Or did they never work? They work fine on the previous version of the map (RB v1.3). RBv2 v2.3 VASL 6.4.2, VASSAL 3.2.17.
  18. bprobst

ANZAC ASL - Melbourne, Australia

ANZAC Day (25 April) this year falls on a Wednesday -- very inconvenient. In lieu of any formal ANZACon tournament, I'm holding an "open house" for ASL on the weekend of 28-29 April. Feel free to turn up either or both days for some open ASL gaming -- all skill levels welcome. I live in Glen...
  19. bprobst

Scenarios that have changed over time

To be more accurate, scenarios that are looked at a bit differently than when they were first published and played. Every player gains experience as he plays more games, becoming a better (or at least, less incompetent) player as he goes along. As a consequence, if you play a scenario that you...
  20. bprobst

BFP Deluxe boards for VASL

Any chance that up-to-date VASL boards will be created for deluxe boards BF1 and BF2? The existing files are, uh, kind of primitive -- which would be forgivable if they were compatible with other DASL boards, which they aren't, making them pretty useless. (I mean the VASL files are useless...