Search results

1. Tuomo

WO24 boards available

With the invaluable contribution of Doug Rimmer, WO24 Deluxe boards pdx, qdx, and rdx are available. Just fire up VASL, choose New Game, and they should appear in the board picker dropdown. You need the "dx" parts of the board names to distinguish these boards from the Starter Kit boards p, q...
  2. Tuomo

I Don't Want To Cause No Fuss...

(good luck getting Magic Bus out of your head) When I join a VASL room to spectate, if VASL tells me there's a mismatch between my VASSAL/VASL version and whatever the folks in the room are using, it'd be nice to have the option to bug out and not join the room. At the moment, VASL just lets...
  3. Tuomo

D9.3 Armored Assault question

Cross-link to Gamesquad thread D9.31 See image below. The stack in O11 is coming onboard, so the vehicle is in Motion. The infantry declare CX and the stack declares Armored Assault. It moves as shown with the red arrows, with the MFs and MPs shown in red text. At the end of the infantry's...
  4. Tuomo

Dug-In Tanks and WA

Because my FIRST question relating to the IR Tournament went so well, let's do another! This one is actually clear enough to me but Doug is less than convinced. Can a Dug-In AFV (D9.54) in Woods (like P7 below) claim WA? D9.54 says Dug-In AFVs are Armored Cupolas (unless they're not). D9.52...
  5. Tuomo

Armored Assault question

See the image below. The stack in O11 is coming onboard, so the vehicle is in Motion. The infantry declare CX and the stack declares Armored Assault. It moves as shown with the red arrows, with the MFs and MPs shown in red text. At the end of the infantry's move, they are in P5 having spent...
  6. Tuomo

Your Game of the Year?

What was your best game of ASL this year? I'm just finishing up mine; AP191 East Wind vs Tom Yetter, via email. First time playing it for us both, and neither one of us screwed it up so badly that it was over by turn 3. Lots going on, lots of mistakes (at least by me), plenty of crazy dice and...
  7. Tuomo

FPF CCRF and snakeyes

Some units just piss you off. Mr. Yetter has such a unit, a piddly MTR-toting HS who's basically winning the game all by himself. Or at least is responsible for 90% of our Rules Diving Time. Situation: a German 247 with a MTR is Pinned and marked with Final Fire. It gets overrun. It is allowed...
  8. Tuomo

Gosh, another Rout question

Whod'a thunk :) I10 is the closest rout destination in MF, and the broken unit doesn't have a reason for ignoring it. Can the broken unit low crawl to I8 on his way to I10? Or, since he'd be Interdicted from F4 in I9, must he surrender to H6? I'm gonna say no, based on this Q&A: A20.21...
  9. Tuomo

You're kidding, right?

OK, the Rout discussion didn't go my way, but surely, SURELY, this one will. It is the CCPh. The Pinned German squad goes first and manages to immobilize the tank. In the follow-on attack, the 628 failed to hurt the Germans. But does the bypassing tank, whose TCA is facing to the right, get a...
  10. Tuomo

Is this Rout Legal?

#415 in a series, apparently. The broken Russian squad has to choose GG7 as his rout destination. Can he start routing there, get to FF8, verify that LOS to DD6 is clear, see that GG7 is no farther from DD6 than its starting hex, and choose a new rout destination (such as, say, the one toward...
  11. Tuomo

AP191 VC question

The VCs for AP191 says, "The Russians win immediately upon exiting >= 20 Exit VP [EXC: crews do not count; AFV are worth 2 Exit VP] off the west edge." Where do captured German crews (ATG crews and maybe StuG crews) fall in this? Are they Prisoners and therefore no longer "crews", and thus...
  12. Tuomo

Help me twist this rule

The second sentence of A25.221 says: "An unpinned, unbroken Commissar increases the Morale Level of all other friendly Infantry/Cavalry units in the same Location by one [EXC: Commissars and units with Morale Level of 10],..." At first glance, the EXC simply refers to A.18, the morale level...
  13. Tuomo

AP18 goodies?

Any early returns on what's good from AP18? I'm intrigued by AP191 East Wind.
  14. Tuomo

bd92 is available

Fire up your VASL and it'll show up in the Board Picker. Thanks (again!) to Doug Rimmer for adding LOS. Interesting board. It has a certain spacing that reminds one of Starter Kit boards, but there's stairwells, rowhouses, and even Manholes too. Not really sure what's happening with the hill...
  15. Tuomo

bd91 is available

Board 91 from AP18 is available in your VASL board picker. Thanks to Doug Rimmer for LOS help. Very cool board - solid addition to the system.
  16. Tuomo

J191 Rebels Without A Pause

Played this one as part of the Global Tom League, against Tom Arnold. Interesting design by Pete Shelling; the Slovak-Partisan side can choose from three different sets of VC buildings, and the Partisan entry depends on which VC they've picked. They basically trade off distance to the VC...
  17. Tuomo

Prisoners rearmed when their Guard dies?

A Prisoner's Guard is eliminated in CC by a member of the Prisoner's former side. Is the Prisoner rearmed as a result?
  18. Tuomo

Can MMP get NOTHING right?

I distinctly said, TZAZIKI SAUCE ON THE SIDE!
  19. Tuomo

J208 Panzerpioniere

Larry Rolhfing and I finished this one last night. It jumped off the page and said Play Me! because the map looks interesting, there's nice combined-arms forces on both sides, there's a very cool SSR allowing the Americans to designate two Bocage hexsides as being Breached, and it's a Lionel...
  20. Tuomo

Retro Boards

What would it take to draw boards in the original SL style? Here's a scan of board 1, with a new building added. I bet you can guess which one: Yep, it's V9. Here it is with W9: I guess the upshot, to me, is that it's doable, and really that's all I wanted - a proof of concept. Once you...