Recent content by Hexagoner

1. Hexagoner

How could KGP have achieved more?

Just finished my 3rd reading of Time for Trumpets, an excellent book. One question I keep coming back to is how could KGP have achieved more than they did? High water mark in the area of Stoumont Station, neat Stoumont. I'm asking what could KGP themselves, 1st SS panzer etc done differently -...
  2. Hexagoner

CtR HASL Map Question

The way the building in DD22 is drawn suggests that the rubble in CC22 was most likely part of the same building. If so, then I would assume that DD22 should have a bigger center dot, signifying presence of a level 1 location?
  3. Hexagoner

Ctr HASL Map terrain question

Ok thanks Rick
  4. Hexagoner

Ctr HASL Map terrain question

The CtR HASL map appears to have cliff hexsides (black) on some elevated level hexsides, such as V27-V28, V29/V30, and Y29-Z29. However, there are some hexsides around Crockett Ravine that appear very slightly lighter, suggesting hillside hedges - such as MM30-NN30, OO31-PP31, and KK30-LL31 ---...
  5. Hexagoner

Rout out of Panjis

I think the Panji rules say that the MF cost to move below Panji can't be combined with other costs. Not sure, but can routing out of FH be combined with next hex entry cost?
  6. Hexagoner

Rout out of Panjis

A unit advances into a jungle location containing a HIP Panji counter across a covered hexside, The Panji is then revealed and they are placed above the panji counter. In the next fire phase, an adjacent HIP enemy unit reveals itself and fires at the unit above the panji counter. The unit above...
  7. Hexagoner

Another slope rule conundrum

Thanks guys - it does make sense in light of A4.61-.63.
  8. Hexagoner

Another slope rule conundrum

Slope rules (referencing Ctr 6.3) says ""barring other obstructions to LOS, an up-slope unit - even if not in a hill crest line hex - can trace a LOS across an up-slope hexside of its hex to a lower elevation (i.e. across a hill crest line)…" The rule doesn't mention how many crest lines or...
  9. Hexagoner

Slope rule conundrum

Situation: I'm playing one of the Corrigedor scenarios. A HS with a MTR is on Level 1 of a building (hex KK12.1) that happens to have upslope hexsides around 3 hexsides of its hex. The base level of the building is on Level 1. An enemy unit is moving at Level 0 11 hexes away (hex Z14), with the...
  10. Hexagoner

Your favourite sentence in ASLRB?

Sounds kind of like "How much wood can a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood".
  11. Hexagoner

G1.424 DC Hero question

COWTRA man. COWTRA!
  12. Hexagoner

CtR HASL map

Is there a LOS from PP11 in the Topside Barrax (Lvl 2 and up slope) to VV8 (Lvl 0)?
  13. Hexagoner

G1.424 DC Hero question

But why does Transferring a DC to a THH require creating a THH?
  14. Hexagoner

G1.424 DC Hero question

A hex contains a HIP Tank Hunter Hero and a squad with a DC. In the Japanese MPh, can the squad transfer the DC to the THH and thereby make it into a DC Hero that may then make its own charge? I can't find anything preventing this. The DC hero paragraphs discuss creating the DC hero from...
  15. Hexagoner

CtR Terrain questions

Rick, I'm not sure the first answer is correct. See G1.632. It sounds like PB can set up HIP in Brush also? Also, for the Topside barracks and other roofless level 1.5 bldgs. - is the ground floor just a normal building (i.e. no debris)?