WTG ASLSK #2 Preorder!

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
Despite how people feel about the SK's, SK#2 just went past the 600 mark (615) even with a P# of 1000! This has taken place in a one month time span. As compared to other games that have been on preorder for over a year which are still below their p#.

MMP has the right idea in the way to introduce this hobby (addiction) to the next generation. Strong Work MMP!

Last edited:

bennyb

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I just wish there was a rulebook and core modules available for the newbies I have introduced the game to. My counters are wearing out!

Ben

Jay White

my sh*t is so tight
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'm looking forward to MMP releasing some of the core stuff too - ASLSK1, rulebook and BV. I basically live in an Arctic Wasteland, and people need something to do up here. I can see a huge demand for games, but all people have is Warhammer.

At this point, I dont see the point of getting people into the game cuz there's nothing for them to buy.

Hopefully we see the core stuff before the end of the winter...

Josh

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Same here and as a newbie, I don't see the point of printing the RB without have BV coming out at basically the same time unless most of the orders for the RB are from people that need extra copies... I need the RB and BV so I can get some armor counters for Germans at least...

kdunn

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
jackbear said:
Despite how people feel about the SK's..."

How do people feel about the SK's? My impression was that SK 1 was well recieved. Your post seems to imply differently or am I misunderstanding?

ken

ross

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
kdunn said:
How do people feel about the SK's? My impression was that SK 1 was well recieved. Your post seems to imply differently or am I misunderstanding?

ken
The ASL Starter Kit #1 is a fantastic product. I used it to teach my 12yr old daughter how to play and she understood and enjoyed it very much (and she destroyed my Germans in the first scenario). We eagerly look forward to ASLSK #2.

Thanks,
Ross

Josh

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I know that ASLSK1 is what got me into ASL last September. I loved it so much, i have moved on to full rules and I am entering fmy first Tourney in 2 weeks :D

ChrisBuehler

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ASLSK1 got me back into ASL. I started playing SL in 1978 and went through CoI and CoD. College put things on hold until the early 90s when I picked up a copy of ASLRB and Paratrooper. While I spent some time reading the rules, I never got around to playing. It didn't help that no one I knew played.

Fast forward to this past September when I picked up ASLSK1. Thanks to this wonderful product, I'm hooked, again! I've preordered an ASLRB2, BV, AoO, and ASLSK2. :cheeky:

Chris

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
Kenn;
In reply to your comment. I think the SK's are a fantastic way to learn ASL. In my first comment, I was addressing some of the negitive comments re: the SK's. Some of the "old guard" feel the SK's are "not ASL". I am happy to see the SK's preorder doing so well.
I am using it to get back into the hobby as well. (Married Life, Kids, Navy Life have taken their toll of time.)

da priest

Reaction score
jackbear said:
... Some of the "old guard" feel the SK's are "not ASL". ...
Well, close. A very few of the mid-level grogs feel that. The Old Guard see new boards and drool(or is that the Drooling Guards see new boards and get Old?).:devil: