Would it be so terribly

Dicke Bertha

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Would it be so terribly cumbersome or expensive for the site to have sent private messages be default saved for the sender? I seldom use the PM function, but when I do I almost always forget to check the little box far low: to have the sent message saved. Rather make the saved period for both sent and received shorter.

Zank yo.

Siberian HEAT

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We could easily set that on by default, but it would make a mess of things for most users because their PM boxes would fill up twice as fast since sent messages count against your mailbox total.

Unless we had a lot of requests for this, I would vote to keep it the way it is.

Siberian HEAT

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No, not without some customization (assuming such code exists). As it stands now, the only way to have that set on by default is by hard coding it on the back end...which is not something we'd consider without a pretty good reason.

Herman Hum

Composite Warfare Command
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I've gotten the hang of remembering to select the little "Copy Message" box. However, I agree, it might be handy to have it set in the On position. Please add me to the list of folks who would consider it a benefit.

Leftie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think it would be beneficial if the amount of space each user had was increased. But things aren't bad right now. You just need to keep track of who you communicate with.

Ben

Mini-Me

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Herman Hum said:
I've gotten the hang of remembering to select the little "Copy Message" box. However, I agree, it might be handy to have it set in the On position. Please add me to the list of folks who would consider it a benefit.
Same here.