Wading vehicles in BRT

jpellam

Kamikaze Landing Gear
Reaction score
If a wading vehicle is destroyed does it sink or leave a wreck?

Thanks,
Joe

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It leaves a wreck.

I couldn't find the rule, (wait for the guide that's about to be published!) but some of the Tarawa scenarios start with wrecks in the water... so they leave a wreck.

Makes sense, the men are wading. The tanks don't "sink".

Last edited:

jpellam

Kamikaze Landing Gear
Reaction score
I leaves a wreck.

I couldn't find the rule, (wait for the guide that's about to be published!) but some of the Tarawa scenarios start with wrecks in the water... so they leave a wreck.

Makes sense, the men are wading. The tanks don't "sink".
Thanks

It makes sense but I wan't some confirmation of my thinking.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Shallow water rules, basically, so destroyed vehicles leave wrecks as per usual rules.

countermanCX

Mennonite Jihadi
Reaction score
Country
llMalta
T2.1, BRT Ocean hexes are Submerged-reef (G13.431)

G13.431, Each submerged-reef hex is considered a shallow-Ocean hex.

G13.4, a shallow-Ocean hex is not considered a Water Obstacle to Inf, Cav, horsies, vehicles (except boats & LC), rubble, & A-T mines. (so a rubbled BRT pier becomes rubble, it don't disappear.)

G13.42, a unit that enters/occupies a shallow-Ocean hex is said to be Wading, a Wading unit is treated as being in a shallow stream.

B20.46, Wrecks do not appear in a flooded stream.

Therefore I assume that Wrecks can appear in a non-fllooded stream, & that they'll also appear in a BRT Ocean hex.

The above is a typical BRT rules-chase.

'sides which, all the burning LVT Wrecks are the only cover the USMC player's entering units will have, after the initial bombardment smoke disappears.

jpellam

Kamikaze Landing Gear
Reaction score
T2.1, BRT Ocean hexes are Submerged-reef (G13.431)

G13.431, Each submerged-reef hex is considered a shallow-Ocean hex.

G13.4, a shallow-Ocean hex is not considered a Water Obstacle to Inf, Cav, horsies, vehicles (except boats & LC), rubble, & A-T mines. (so a rubbled BRT pier becomes rubble, it don't disappear.)

G13.42, a unit that enters/occupies a shallow-Ocean hex is said to be Wading, a Wading unit is treated as being in a shallow stream.

B20.46, Wrecks do not appear in a flooded stream.

Therefore I assume that Wrecks can appear in a non-fllooded stream, & that they'll also appear in a BRT Ocean hex.

The above is a typical BRT rules-chase.

'sides which, all the burning LVT Wrecks are the only cover the USMC player's entering units will have, after the initial bombardment smoke disappears.
Thanks for the detailed clarification.

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And the above (typical for BRT) rules chase is the reason you want to have the BRT Gamers Guide. Only $12 and still up on pre order. Get it now.

Others that I remember: To find out how to treat "sand" you have to reference chapter B, F, and G as well as the Tarawa chapter.

Hexagoner

Reaction score
Very true, and it can make a difference the order the "paper chase" rules are read. The Guide points out the proper order for each rule, as well.

It turns out that it really isn't that bad, although the first time you go through the paper chase its a bit exhausting...

hex

jpellam

Kamikaze Landing Gear
Reaction score
And the above (typical for BRT) rules chase is the reason you want to have the BRT Gamers Guide. Only $12 and still up on pre order. Get it now.

Others that I remember: To find out how to treat "sand" you have to reference chapter B, F, and G as well as the Tarawa chapter.
I was one of the first to pre order the BRT guide. Can't wait to get it.