W2k Problems

Moriturus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Change Compatibility of .exe?!

India 51B said:
He said he doesn't know how to change the compatability of the exe file!
I'm not sure what your friend is talking about. :rolleyes: I installed TOAW-COW on my computer with Windows 2000 straight off the disk and have had no problems. The no-CD patch didn't cause any problems either. He may have a conflict with other hardware or software, so a more complete description of his system would be helpful. :)

JAMiAM

TOAW III Project Manager
Reaction score
India 51B said:
He said he doesn't know how to change the compatibility of the exe file!
Right click on the desktop shortcut, choose "Properties", choose the "Compatibility" tab, then check the checkbox in the box titled "Compatibility mode". Then open the drop down menu in the box and select the appropriate OS. Your friend should probably try Windows98/WindowsME as that seems to solve most problems.

Of course, he also should make sure that all of his sound/video component drivers are updated.

India 51B

Reaction score
Country
ll
Thanks for your help guys, what he has told me is that he can install the game and that it runs ok, but that it doesn't show the place names!

nemo

-. . -- ---
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Make sure he did patch the game to 1.04, this solves the name problem under W2K.
Hope this helps.

India 51B

Reaction score
Country
ll
nemo said:
Make sure he did patch the game to 1.04, this solves the name problem under W2K.
Hope this helps.
Thanks :) He's away for the Bank Holiday weekend here in the UK, but he did tell me earlier that he had onstalled Patch 1.04!

nemo

-. . -- ---
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
In this case, and just to make sure, he should check he did not touch the A button on the control panel to the right side, toggling off locations names visibility (an equivalent to View>Options>Place names>Visible/Floating/Invisible).

Sounds silly but you never know ;)

India 51B

Reaction score
Country
ll
Ok Nemo, thanks for that, he's actually away till next Tuesday, so I won't know if he's fixed it till then. Maybe my copy of TOAW will have arrived by then, I damn well hope so as it was shipped over 3 weeks ago from the states!!