VASL6.6.7 now available

PresterJohn

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Oh my. Such PTO goodness. It's almost a new game.

Minor thing for the PTO to-do list is enable orchard to palm trees graphic change on the built-in orchard overlays.

This is also a line of sight glitch when an orchard overlay is put over a gully or stream. That is board 5b (black thread is clear, red is blocked).

Attachments

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pay attention to VASL spaces this fall. Before Christmas I will be announcing and pushing updates to many, many boards to enable a Wooden Building to Huts transformation that will be los enabled. So when using PTO, such terrain will become LOSH rather than obstacles. In the image below, red=clear; cyan=LOSH, blue=blocked.
View attachment 27264

NOTE: Games using these updated boards will continue to work in 6.6.4 and below however the VASL los function will be disabled. You may wish to update to a version beyond 6.6.4.
Very nice Doug. Many thanks to you and all the VASL contributors.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am getting this when I download the VASSAL 3.7.5 installer.
Dell PC, Win 11, Edge browser.

uckelman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
We don't publish any files with a .crdownload extension. I believe that's a temporary file Chrome uses for ongoing, incomplete downloads. You should try downloading the installer again.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When looking at the LOS content, please take a look at issues with Orchard board edge half-hexes on Board 35. Board 38 has similar hexes, however, they work and indicate a hindrance whereas those on board 35 do not.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We don't publish any files with a .crdownload extension. I believe that's a temporary file Chrome uses for ongoing, incomplete downloads. You should try downloading the installer again.
I tried again but no luck so, I just went and renamed the download to a .exe and that was all I had to do. Wierd.

uckelman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
If you're going to do that, you really should compare the SHA256 hash of the file you have with the one we publish, to make sure that you don't have a truncated file.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I tried again but no luck so, I just went and renamed the download to a .exe and that was all I had to do. Wierd.
CRDOWNLOAD is a windows working file. It means that the download is still in progress.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
When looking at the LOS content, please take a look at issues with Orchard board edge half-hexes on Board 35. Board 38 has similar hexes, however, they work and indicate a hindrance whereas those on board 35 do not.
Fixing this is on the list for 6.6.8.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Googling crdownload provides lots of advice about how to deal with them.

turlusiflu

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I have an issue. The messages of a loaded logfile don't appear in the chat. Even logfiles made with the current version

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Fixing this is on the list for 6.6.8.
Further investigation reveals an issue with how the LOS engine deals with these board edge half-hexes when one board butts against another and only one half-hex has inherent terrain. The half-hex without terrain does not get treated properly. This appears to be a condition the engine doesn’t currently address.
Note that board 35 still has the issue with the half-hexes not being coded as inherent terrain and is separate from the more complex butted half-hex issue.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have an issue. The messages of a loaded logfile don't appear in the chat. Even logfiles made with the current version
Did a quick test on my machine and everything worked fine.

Can you email me the log file (dougerimmer@gmail.com)? who opened and saved the logfile - you or your opponent? Whose messages don't show? Any other relevant info?

turlusiflu

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Hi Doug, I have tried today the same logs, and they work fine. Maybe the issue was due that I updated vassal and vasl yesterday and I did't reboot the computer. Thank you anyway, it works apparently finer than 6.6.6

turlusiflu

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Update: It seems that the problem was produced by the extension chatter-plus-2.21.vmdx, after taken it out the program goes well

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Update: It seems that the problem was produced by the extension chatter-plus-2.21.vmdx, after taken it out the program goes well
That extension is the cause of issues in various VASL versions after it became an inherent part of VASL.

I think it is a good advice for anyone not using VASL versions from the stoneage to remove this extension.

von Marwitz

ibncalb

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
As of today, chatter plus is still available on the VASL page. Maybe it should be put to sleep?

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I updated both VASSAL and VASL to the latest versions, and I have noticed a strange issue: in the chat window (I use the interface with two separate windows since I am using a dual screen, so one has just the boards and the other can display the chat and buttons window with some space to spare), if the window is a bit high, there seems to be two different chat windows - some buttons for IFT, TH, etc appear when the mouse moves over the lower part of the window, separating the window into two parts.

Other than that, I was a bit worried that the "update save files" functionality would break compatibility with other users not using the latest version (something I regularly do - most of the time I'm the guy several versions behind), but it seems to load files saved under my previous version just fine.

uckelman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
he "update save files" functionality would break compatibility with other users not using the latest version (something I regularly do - most of the time I'm the guy several versions behind)
Everyone playing a game should be using the same version of Vassal and the module.

PresterJohn

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I updated both VASSAL and VASL to the latest versions, and I have noticed a strange issue: in the chat window (I use the interface with two separate windows since I am using a dual screen, so one has just the boards and the other can display the chat and buttons window with some space to spare), if the window is a bit high, there seems to be two different chat windows - some buttons for IFT, TH, etc appear when the mouse moves over the lower part of the window, separating the window into two parts.

Other than that, I was a bit worried that the "update save files" functionality would break compatibility with other users not using the latest version (something I regularly do - most of the time I'm the guy several versions behind), but it seems to load files saved under my previous version just fine.
This might be the video corruption reported in another thread and you can try the Directx disabling in VASSAL compatibility settings.