The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Hi,
Just fishing for information : when is the erraticized 5.5 version scheduled to come out?
Thanks for the good job done up to now.

countermanCX

Mennonite Jihadi
Reaction score
Country
llMalta
Hi Robin,

mea maxima culpa, but I've missed my self-imposed deadline to get v5.6 finished & sent off to rk. True to the 'programmer's creed', I keep putting off the work on 'updating the documentation'.

There aren't a lot of fixes in v5.6, though:
- the Russian medium tank image
- the American Para squad image
- 2 German truck ctrdefs (Opel & NAG)

other upgrades include integrating these listed Extensions into base VASL (& VASL4.mdx):
- 5ABN.mdx, 5BRK.mdx, 5KGP.mdx, 5OVH.mdx, & 5T34.mdx.

I may (not sure yet) try to address the Assault-Engineer Squad Smoke-Exponent Problem by adding an 'AEsq' ctr to each Nation's SW > AE/FO tab.

I realize this list doesn't address your concern wrt LOS-checker probs, but that's out of my league - way past my competence-level.

Tonight I'm experimenting w/ a total wipe of VASSAL/VASL files (except my designer-drug modfiles) from my system, and doing a from-scratch reload. I kinda suspect that LOS-checker probs might be a result of having several successive upgrades present on one's system, this is only my suspicion, I'll get back to this thread in a coupla' days w/ the results.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
mea maxima culpa, but I've missed my self-imposed deadline to get v5.6 finished & sent off to rk.
No need to apologize, as I know that you are doing your best.
I realize this list doesn't address your concern wrt LOS-checker probs, but that's out of my league - way past my competence-level.
My main concern was about the counters, not the LOS thing (I only use the checker to view the LOS, but am not overly confident in its conclusions).
Is the LOS problem related to previously begun games, rather than scenarios begun from scrap, under the new system?

countermanCX

Mennonite Jihadi
Reaction score
Country
llMalta
Tchirp!

I wasn't exactly apologizing, but I did think you deserved a true report of the current status, even if it didn't reflect particularly well on a certain ctrman.

For ctrs, the 4 conditions that I listed are the only fixes I know of, do you have any others?

As noted below, I just experimentally scrubbed my whole VAS(SA)L setup & re-installed. Ughfortunately, my new install retained the LOS-prob when I started a New Game on a flipped board. I just don't know what's up w/ that, & have no idea how to fix it.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I noticed no other problem about the counters, as I didn't d/l version 5.5, at the news of these problems (in fact, I did, but on my PC at work, which I don't use to run VASL, excepted in very rare cases).

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
I noticed no other problem about the counters, as I didn't d/l version 5.5, at the news of these problems (in fact, I did, but on my PC at work, which I don't use to run VASL, excepted in very rare cases).
I also noticed one small thing about the counters....there is not "North" counter that I can find anymore....

Not a very big thing in the scheme of thing, but a thing....

Thanks for all the hard work CounterMan.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I also noticed one small thing about the counters....there is not "North" counter that I can find anymore....
You will find it in the following counters Menu : Other/Map/EC