Update?

KeithV

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Norm? How's the credit card / download problem going? You are killing me here! I MUST HAVE THIS GAME!

;-D

Just kidding of course....also, do you plan to announce the follow up soon?

mbv

Reaction score
Country
ll
How long does it take to set up a Paypal account Norm ? We give you the cash, you give us a download link - could it get any simpler :stirthepot:

FJ88

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I will mail you one of my kidneys to be able to play this soon.

Seems like development has just creeped along the last few months.

Dogbert

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
I know there's an element of professional pride in there, but why not work out a deal with Paradox to have them sell it through their gamersgate.com site.
They seem perfectly happy to distribute games that are simultaneously sold directly by the developer, and let the developer retain full control of the property and future development. I'm sure there are lots of other venues to explore.
Something like that would also give a bit of instant exposure, since I am sure there are lots of people who would love this game, but they will never know about it.

mbv

Reaction score
Country
ll
The loyal fans have spent so long waiting for this apparition of a game that I think Norm should adopt charitable status and give it away free for causing us so much grief :laugh:

philbill

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
If it were just a Credit card problem I think it would be out by now.
Concern is they have found a problem bug..
Phil

NormKoger

Game Developer, Storm Eagle Studios
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
philbill said:
If it were just a Credit card problem I think it would be out by now.
Concern is they have found a problem bug..
Phil
I wish...

A bug I could handle much more rapidly than all this merchant setup stuff. Except for dropping the final set of damage geometry into the game (a ton of models) and cleaning up a couple of alt-tab related things, almost all of our time lately has been devoted to the merchant side of the business.

FJ88

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Should not this have been done in...the last six months that the company has been founded?

Im not trying to be one of 'those' people and I can fully understand delays from a small team.
But it seems to me this sort of things should have been worked on to conincide with the last touches on the game.

Its things like this that gives wargame companies the reputation from slowness and never looking like they know what they are doing.

Crocky007

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Damn I hate the last couple of weeks waiting the anticipation is killing me ;) Tho Im sure it will be all sorted shortly and the wait will have been well worth it. Keep at it boys kick a few butts and get it out to us :)

pad152

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
With no anoncement of having gone gold, the offical web site doesn't show anything new beyond April, no new previews, no new review copies out, I would guess this game is still 30 to 45 days out. :upset: Think end of July or mid August. :OHNO:

Vigilante

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Personally, I'm tickled pink that they decided to make this game and I can wait until they're ready. Just think - a naval simulation of the Russo-Japanese War. No developer with a lick of sense would touch that. Naval sims are widely known as bombs, and who ever heard of the Russo-Japanese War? This is a labor of love, laddies, and it will be a-bornin' in its own good time. I would advise against too much kvetching, unless you want to emulate the flight sim fellows who managed to practically kill the genre.

Take your time, Norm. We'll be around when you're happy with it.

ETF

Hamilton, Ontario
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Norm thanks for working so hard on the project. We all know you are trying very hard to get her out!!
Afterall I'm sure you really want a paycheck for the past few years of effort!!
TOAW III is a blast by the way from Matrix!

How much Norm for this baby anyways? $80-100 US?
Take care and have a great July 4th (July 1st for us Canucks :rolleyes: ) weekend!!

mbv

Reaction score
Country
ll
£40 - £50 pounds is way over the odds for a 3d strategy game. I would not consider anything over £30 ($60).

Norm - we need an UPDATE on how far off the release is and how you are solving your fornt end merchant problems.

saddletank

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
ll
mbv said:
Norm - we need an UPDATE on how far off the release is and how you are solving your fornt end merchant problems.
Please....

Crocky007

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Waiting patiently got all the books reccomended by others Massie etc busy reading but thats just making the anticipation grow :laugh:

Keep at it looking forward to having a long term affair with this one