Unbreakable Finnish 238 Green HS

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Running a game under VASL 6.6.6 and VASSAL 3.6.15

I cannot make a green 238 HS to flip broken state. I grab a 248 and try to ELR-> the resulting 238 will not break

I grab a 538 Squad and make him HS -> it becomes a 248 1st line HS instead of 238 Green. The 248 will flip onto broken side.

I take another 538, Break him that works normally then I make the broken 538 HS -> I get again a broken 248 1st line HS.

The conclusion of these experiments is that the 238 HS indeed is unbreakable.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I believe I have the Finns working properly now. I will issue the 6.6.7-beta within a week or and you will all get to test it and break those 238 into smithereens. They put up a strong resistance but I hope I have it right at last!

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I dragged all of the Finnish HS on to a map. Broke every one and they all flipped properly.

I then dragged all of the Finnish Squads onto a map, reduced them to HS and broke them. All of them flipped properly except for the 338 AE and 338 E. The 238 broke just fine.

We had a bug with the 548-447-437 Finnish squads which we appear to have fixed in 667. I will create an issue for the 838 squads and we will get those fixed in 668.

Doug Leslie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I have been running a game under VASSAL 3.7.6 and VASL 6.6.7 and now the Finnish 338 HS is behaving in the same manner. If you need files to look at I have some. Ping @DougRim
Broken 338s are an uncommon problem. Sounds as if Tom Repetti has been giving your troops a hard time in “One Story Town”!

Last edited:

asloser

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
I dragged all of the Finnish HS on to a map. Broke every one and they all flipped properly.

I then dragged all of the Finnish Squads onto a map, reduced them to HS and broke them. All of them flipped properly except for the 338 AE and 338 E. The 238 broke just fine.

We had a bug with the 548-447-437 Finnish squads which we appear to have fixed in 667. I will create an issue for the 838 squads and we will get those fixed in 668.
Thanks Doug. Your fast response is appreciated. Sorry my description of the problem could have been better but I see you managed to figure it out.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

OK, using 377/668b5 with Windows 11. I grabbed all the squads from the counter tray, cloned them then broke each HS. All broke as they were supposed to. I grabbed every HS from the counter tray and all of those break with no problem. @asloser do you have access to the beta version of VASL to see if it still has issues on your machine?

asloser

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
OK, using 377/668b5 with Windows 11. I grabbed all the squads from the counter tray, cloned them then broke each HS. All broke as they were supposed to. I grabbed every HS from the counter tray and all of those break with no problem. @asloser do you have access to the beta version of VASL to see if it still has issues on your machine?
Do not have the beta on my PC but will install later today and investigate.

asloser

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Where Can I download 668beta5? I only found Beta 3 and that is not working? Am I missing something blatantly obvious?

asloser

Reaction score
Country
llFinland

We have changed where we put them.
Thanks Doug.

I tested it on my system and any Finnish half squad I create breaks as it should in my system as well under VASSAL 3.7.7 and VASL 668beta5.

So problem solved.