Transfing Hills

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Guess I should reread my post before submiting it of course that should be titled Transforming Hills.

I'm trying to set-up AP17 where 3 of the hill masses do not exist. Is there any way to do this in VASL. I can overlay the hexes with OG but can't do tat where there is other terrain on the hill.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Guess I should reread my post before submiting it of course that should be titled Transforming Hills.

I'm trying to set-up AP17 where 3 of the hill masses do not exist. Is there any way to do this in VASL. I can overlay the hexes with OG but can't do tat where there is other terrain on the hill.
There are two different sizes of OG draggable overlays. One covers hexside terrain. The smaller kind does not. I used the smaller variety which left just a bit of brown hill around the hedges. I left the woods/hill hexes alone, thinking that they would be easily remembered.

This is not that big a deal for this scenario as the hills that go away by SSR rarely if ever come into play and are mainly removed for VC purposes.

countermanCX

Mennonite Jihadi
Reaction score
Country
llMalta
Hi Vinnie,

You can paint out the Hills (& Valleys & Cliffs) w/ the Terrain SSR button on the board-picker dialog. Highlight Hills on the left side, and then choose from the Hill Levels drop-down on the right. Click the Apply button, then tag the Done button.

This method 're-paints' the hill colors w/ your selection, it's better than using DragOvers to cover the hills, because the DragOvers will disappear when you check LOS w/ 'remove Hindrances' checked on.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Hi Vinnie,

You can paint out the Hills (& Valleys & Cliffs) w/ the Terrain SSR button on the board-picker dialog. Highlight Hills on the left side, and then choose from the Hill Levels drop-down on the right. Click the Apply button, then tag the Done button.

This method 're-paints' the hill colors w/ your selection, it's better than using DragOvers to cover the hills, because the DragOvers will disappear when you check LOS w/ 'remove Hindrances' checked on.

Can you select which hills to remove? The SSR for that particular scenario removes something like 2-3 hills while leaving 3-4 all on the same board. thats kinda what made it a pain....

countermanCX

Mennonite Jihadi
Reaction score
Country
llMalta
nah, the Terrain SSR only works on all the Hills, it can't be limited to a specific hill. So in this case, Dragovers are the way to go.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The best solution is to pick a different scenario...:laugh: