Tour Chancellorsville Virtually

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was poking around the Chancellorsville site some more and found a great list of other activities:

http://www.nps.gov/frsp/sesquicentennial.htm

I wish I could get out there and partake in some of them. Oh well....

May 1 activities sound particularly nice:

Wednesday, May 1

9 a.m. – Noon May Day Turnabout at Chancellorsville: A Bus Tour. A real-time tour of the lead-up to the opening clash at Chancellorsville. Advanced reservations required. Call (540) 786-0759. $20 per person. Departs from the Gordon Road commuter lot on Plank Road (Route 3). With Eric Mink and Beth Parnicza.
1 p.m. Formal Opening: A Nation Remembers Chancellorsville. A brief ceremony marking the commencement of the 150th anniversary of Chancellorsville. First Day at Chancellorsville field, 6159 Plank Road (Route 3), 22407.
1:30 – 3 p.m. First Clash at Chancellorsville: A Walking Tour. Follow in the footsteps of soldiers on both sides in the opening clash at Chancellorsville.First Day at Chancellorsville field, owned by the Civil War Trust, 6159 Plank Road, 22407. With Eric Mink and Beth Parnicza.
7 – 8 p.m. Final Bivouac: The Cracker-Box Meeting. Join NPS historians at dusk on the site of the final bivouac of Lee and Jackson.Real time. Tour Stop 5, Corner Old Plank Road (Rte. 610) and McLaws Drive. Parking on Furnace Road. Bring a lawn chair and a flashlight.With Frank O'Reilly.

ChrisM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's awesome - and just in time for the Sesquicentennial. Thanks Scott.

I just lost a whole chunk of time where I should have been working.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just lost a whole chunk of time where I should have been working.
That's what the internet is for, silly! :D

Glad you liked it. I hope they do the same for Gettysburg. I really need to make a third trip there one day.