TOAW III New Player Workshop - Enrollment

carvinaxe

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wish to join workshop

Hi Guys!!

I would very much like to participate in this workshop. It sounds like a great idea. I could play either side and could do 1-2 turns a week.

I am a total newbie to this game but it looks quite exceptional!! I was going to buy ACOW off the web but it was expensive so I waited several months for the Matrix edition to come out and got it as soon as it was released. I have also been follwing the various forums and reading articles and such at SZO and other sites.

Hope to hear from you guys and get started soon!!

Thanks

Heinz57

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Carvinaxe, Mad Cow, Grumbworm, Motherbrain, pelle, and N9ZLU - all six of you have been assigned teams and opponents - see the Current Match-up thread. Contact me with any questions, you should have access to the private team forums shortly.

Good luck Gentlemen...

Mark

Heinz57

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Workshop Registration is now closed...

A quick note that registration is now closed for the workshop. You can still add your names to this thread as having an interest in the workshop - in the event that there is a drop we will be taking reserves on a first come first served basis. If there is a future workshop, note will be placed in this area.

Thank you all for your interest, special thanks to General Staff and Foggy, Jamiam and Dicke Bertha for your assistance as team advisors and all the veterans, and to Jean Luc and CyberRanger for your support and work in setting up the forums for us!

Best Regards,

Mark

General Staff

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Heinz57 said:
A quick note that registration is now closed for the workshop.
Just interested as to final #s per side. May give me an idea how many games I might be looking at. :nervous: And thanks for all your help.

Heinz57

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Greetings General Staff -

It's looking like we have 22 players on each side. Giving it a few more days to see how many are actually active, though I have not received any further notes of drops. I'll jumping into assist on both sides as needed for basic game questions. Players should avail themselves of the all the notes available. I greatly appreciate your involvement - if it gets too much let me know. All the vets appear to be jumping in, but if more are needed, we can put out a call for additional assistance.

Happy Huntin'!

Mark

Foggy

Reaction score
Well I have'nt helped much yet - 1st summer vacation over - 1 more week in late August:D :D Just a quick question - does the learning curve take precedence over game victories?

rbmagar

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Patiently waiting...

Complete newbie here who would be interested in joining the workshop if a position opens up. I have completed two tutorials and that's the sum total of my TOAW experience to date. I'd love to get immersed in the game under the watchful eyes of those who know how the game should be played.

1-2 turns per week is preferred, 3-5 will work fine too / willing to play either side.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Heinz57

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
rbmagar said:
Complete newbie here who would be interested in joining the workshop if a position opens up. I have completed two tutorials and that's the sum total of my TOAW experience to date. I'd love to get immersed in the game under the watchful eyes of those who know how the game should be played.

1-2 turns per week is preferred, 3-5 will work fine too / willing to play either side.

Thanks.
At present, I have to keep things on hold as the number of new players is very high for the number of veteran players that we have assisting. Sorry about this, but I don't want for them to get burned out or overextended. I'll keep your name on hand in case there is an opening. If there is another workshop, it will be announced in this forum - but it's premature to tell if that is in the plans or not as this workshop is justing starting. Your interest is appreciated.

Mark

Heinz57

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Back from "vacation", in a new apartment still pending good internet access. Looks like the bulk of the posts of this forum got tossed, so will take that as a strong Q to not starting anything new, here.

Still, I hope everyone who had the chance to participate in the workshop had fun.

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looks like the bulk of the posts of this forum got tossed, so will take that as a strong Q to not starting anything new, here.
??? Nothing got tossed. You may just need to change the display options to see more threads than just those from "Last Month".

Heinz57

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Um.. That would do the trick! :) Got on line briefly a few days ago and there were a number of threads, got on again a while later...AND THEY WERE GONE MAN! Been lookin' to see if they got moved...totally oblivious to the little area at the bottom that lets you specify the range of posts. Thanks! :) Everything came back...