TacOps Tactical Discussion Group #2 - Red Defense

GCoyote

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No Rush

pmaidhof said:
Martin, it would be this weekend, at the earliest that I can post the gamesave file. If you have a "better" scenario idea that where we left off last week, let me know - I'll stand aside and we'll run with yours.

Cheers,
The weekend is fine with me. :smoke: I barely have time to check the forum in the evening this week.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pete, I didn't mean I prefer to put up the savegame myself. I had just forgotten where we left and who proposed to prepare the savegame.

Although, we should make double-sure all the editing did not disable the Red AI. If we screw up victory conditions that would be fine as we can evaluate them by hand, but if the AI is confused about the objective that wouldn't be good. Same if it ends up not using much of the force.

Sniper

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Redwolf said:
Although, we should make double-sure all the editing did not disable the Red AI. If we screw up victory conditions that would be fine as we can evaluate them by hand, but if the AI is confused about the objective that wouldn't be good. Same if it ends up not using much of the force.
Pete,

As Martin pointed out in a previous post, if we use TF Anderson then mission objectives must center around objective A. We cannot use a mission objective of preventing a red exit because the red AI has no orders for red to attempt to exit. I am assuming that red units will halt in or around objective A and move no further to the west. If we want a scenario where an objective needs to be defended and a red exit prevented or limited to a specified %, Ostle or O'Hara would better suit our needs.

Randy

pmaidhof

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sniper said:
if we use TF Anderson then mission objectives must center around objective A. We cannot use a mission objective of preventing a red exit because the red AI has no orders for red to attempt to exit. If we want a scenario where an objective needs to be defended and a red exit prevented or limited to a specified %, Ostle or O'Hara would better suit our needs.
I will "test" the scenario mission, and have the gamefile up sometime this weekend. Thanks for bearing with my sometimes hectic travel schedule. :cheeky:

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
John Osborne said:
So, my question is, "Is the Red Defense scenario going to be posted today or sometime this weekend?"
If it ends up depending on me, I have to condition that on me fixing my stupid hard drive array first.

pmaidhof

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Redwolf said:
If it ends up depending on me, I have to condition that on me fixing my stupid hard drive array first.
Guys, Fear Not!

pmaidhof said:
I will "test" the scenario mission, and have the gamefile up sometime this weekend. Thanks for bearing with my sometimes hectic travel schedule. :cheeky:

pmaidhof

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
TF Gallagher 4 - VARIANT

Gentlemen,

The speculation about TF Anderson was correct, Opfor would only advance as far as Objective A - the town mid map. I decided to change the scenario to TF Gallagher4, which is a Redfor MRR attacking against a Blufor Bn TF (balanced), and made the discussed changes.

Before I post the gamefile, please read through the force list and preferences:

BLUFOR
28x T72M (IQ91)
8x 2S5 SP 152mm
3x M113 with 3x Stinger Teams
10x BRDM2 Spandrel ATGMV
6x 120mm Mortar M1064
4x BMD1 IFV AT5
28x P6 Inf Teams
4x Inf Scout Teams
24x BMP1 IFV
18x Javelin ATGM Teams
1x MLRS (3x ICM)
3x 152mm OBA (10x ICM/27x HE/ 3x Smoke) 5% Chance of additional
3x MiG27 @ 8 min, 5% chance of additional air support

REDFOR
115x Stryker ICV AGL
20x Inf Teams
4x Stryker ICV HMG
85x P8 Inf Squads
31 M1A1D Tanks
27x MG 7.62mm PKM
18x AGL AGS17 Teams
27x AT7 Saxhorn ATGM Teams
30x SA16 Gimlet Teams
6x Inf SPG9 Teams
12x AT4 Spigot Teams
18x Mortar SP 120mm 2S23
9x Stryker ATGMV
4x ZSU-23-4 AAA
18x SP122mm 2S1
1x MLRS (5x HE, 2x Smoke)
2x 155mm OBA (15x ICM/50x HE/6x Smoke) 3% additional
3x F16/F18 @ 4 min, 3% additional air support

Preferences

Max Normal Visibility - 2,000m
Max Thermal Visibility - 2,000m

Game Settings:
3. Arty smoke defeats thermal sights - UNCHECKED
4. Vehicle smoke grenades defeat thermal sights - UNCHECKED
5. All Opfor Tanks have thermal sights - CHECKED
6. All Opfor ATGMs have thrmal sights - CHECKED
7. Improved Opfor ATGM warheads - CHECKED
8. Firing units always spotted - UNCHECKED
9. No Enemy OOB Reports - UNCHECKED

Unless there are significant/valid challenges to what I have done so far, I will post the gamesave file on Sunday 21 November.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No, all options unchecked.

That way you need the side shots and you don't have thermals.

We don't want to win this one, the point is more to see who can do how much damage to a superior opponent (at least that's what I intended).

pmaidhof

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Redwolf said:
No, all options unchecked.

That way you need the side shots and you don't have thermals.

We don't want to win this one, the point is more to see who can do how much damage to a superior opponent (at least that's what I intended).
rgr

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the above setup there are some stronger AT shooters with AT5s. They can do the M1 we chose from the front. Only the AT3 on the BMP1 needs the side shot.

But since there are only a few that makes it more spicey.

pmaidhof

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
TF Gallagher4 - Modified

Gentlemen, attached is the initial gamesave file. It was saved in TacOps v4.0.5[AU]. When you open it, blue forces are arrayed in no particular order. Use Cntrl-click to magic move the units to your start points within the deployment zone.

All preferences have been UNCHECKED.

Being that it is a 120 minute scenario, please leave a message here when you have finished or assume that you will be wrapping up.

MajorH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
> Use Cntrl-click to magic move the units to your start points within the deployment zone.

I think it is Shift + click to magic move.

"Shift" the markers around ... get it ? :)

pmaidhof

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MajorH said:
> Use Cntrl-click to magic move the units to your start points within the deployment zone.

Jean-Jane, whatever :D

tinjaw

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MajorH said:

What?! No trout? :surprise: The Major is being easy on you today. :TRUCE:

tinjaw

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
pmaidhof said:
Gentlemen, attached is the initial gamesave file.
Question: I thought all of Blue's equipment was going to be OPFOR and Red's to be US. I see Blue has some US equipment and Red has some OPFOR stuff.

pmaidhof

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
tinjaw said:
Question: BluFor's OOB included 19 Javelin Teams. Is that an oversight? What about the Stinger teams? Should they be OPFOR equipment? I take it there is no OPFOR equivalent for the M1064.
Chaim, no we did not get that far into the weeds. Given the weakness of the Blue tanks, it should add some spice to the battle.

tinjaw

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
pmaidhof said:
tinjaw said:
Question: BluFor's OOB included 19 Javelin Teams. Is that an oversight? What about the Stinger teams? Should they be OPFOR equipment? I take it there is no OPFOR equivalent for the M1064.
Chaim, no we did not get that far into the weeds. Given the weakness of the Blue tanks, it should add some spice to the battle.
I didn't say that. Quit putting words in my mouth. :lier:

:D