Streets of Stalingrad

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I played this scenario in the ASL version earlier this month.

I found some similarities with the SL version when I played this.

The Germans who defend against the 12 6-2-8 squads get squashed (even more so than in the SL days).

The Russian MMG was not a factor in the fighting, killed the squad and leader after the first turn. Got a snke-eyes on the prep-fire and then he rolled a few sniper checks. He was mad that he lost them so quickly. When I would play this in SL rules, the Russian MMG was always a killer to the Germans in buildings H5, I7 & J4.

The Russians in building N4 were all killed by the Commisar that always failed to rally them. Just wish the Commisar rules were available in SL.

The fight for the factory (X4) when very terribly for the Russians. I was able to smoke the streets with one engineer squad and them place a Demo charge that demolished the corner(Y5) and allowed me to get inside the building. This normally never happened to me in SL days. I was then able to bering a German Engineer Squad (with a FT) into the factory and I roll "12" with the FT in the advance fire phase. This ALWAYS happens to me in SL. My FT always breaks on the first roll.

When his tanks came on, I was lucky to use my other FT and toast a T34 that was trying to circle around my German Engineers.

All in all, it was a fun scenario and the Russian gave up after turn 5.