Squad Leader Moments....

Beseler

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Don't you love it when an old timer says, "ok, this unit assault moves up one floor, for 2mf."

I smile broadly, and say yes, 25 years ago.

Well, I believe I've just had a Squad Leader moment. I placed a DC on an enemy unit in the MPh. At the beginning of the AFPh, I noticed I had that enemy unit completely flanked. My my, I thought, wouldn't it have been great to 'encircle' him before rolling that 30FP DC. Too bad, DCs have to explode as the first action in the AFPh!

....Wait. Where is that in the rules? Can't see it anywhere! ASOP even has the bullet for DCs exploding AFTER normal AFPh shots!!!

Somebody please confirm for me. Did I just have a 1983 flashback?!?!?! Is Pat Benatar on the radio?

serpico

Reaction score
Yea just might be fun bringing out the oldie, I still like to peruse the old rulebooks once and awhile......

Is it possible to play SL on vasl?

Interesting thread.....

One of my old opponents said to me once....."I still like SL better".....?

Yeow! ;)

Keith Todd

Reaction score
Yea just might be fun bringing out the oldie, I still like to peruse the old rulebooks once and awhile......

Interesting thread.....

Yeow! ;)
There is a VASSAL mod for SL

dogred

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
picked up a second hand Squad Leader last year, it took me back to my youth and learning the rules and intricacies of the game back then. Good fun!!

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Interesting thread.....

Yeow! ;)
There is a Yahoo Group called VSQL and they have the files to download and play SL online. They have also updated the rulebook into digits and all errata/changes added.

Also there are links to a site that has over 300 SL scenarios in digits.