Silly After Action Report - Hube's Pocket

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gutsy call bringing the T-34 M43s that far forward and keeping them CE for a spell, as being RST they can't fire their MA or CMG unless BU (D1.321). I found the single use of the sD from the T-34 85s to be as useful, perhaps more so in some instances, than their anti-tank hitting power. If you're lucky, it can at least help you get out of a jam. Oh, and BTW those long shots are not much of a deterrent when the MK-IVs have an "L" gun, the TH doesn't drop off for a goodly distance, and they hit hard enough against those T-34s. If it's any consolation, my most recent playing of that classic didn't fare much better with the Russkies. The Panther just waltzed up, destroyed all 3 T34 85(and a M43 just out of spite) then contented itself with tearing up my infantry.

As always, a fun read. 👍🥴

vonTrotta

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Yeah ok, I might totally have missed the entire RST thing. To be fair so did my opponent

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Stupid think" - a new ASL term comes to life!

To be honest, knowing what you have to do for a scenario is one thing.
Figuring out how to do it for a scenario is ALWAYS another thing.

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I always remember this scenario as we played when it came out and my opponent was very excited to try out the new tactic of driving up with riders as far as possible and then swinging the turret to get a free dismount. He did this with 4 628s and every single one failed the morale check. The look on his face was fantastic!