Seasons Greetings

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi all,

Well, that's me done with the forums for the next 3 weeks. I'm being dragged off by my wife to the torture of Guadeloupe and having to sit on a beach throughout Christmas and New Year. How will I cope with no ASL? No forums to while away the time reading? and no ASLML? :nervous:

Life will be hard but I'll cope. Unbeknownst to the wife I've slipped the entire Russian and German OBs into my luggage so I can sit on the beach and finally clip my counters! Paradise in Paradise. :cool:

I know it's early, and usually I'm one for restricting Christmas celebrations to a couple of days either side of Christmas Day, but:

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Happy Festive Gaming to all!

I'm off to bed as I've a flight to catch in 5 hours...

All the best for 2005

Andy

cujo8-1

The Earl of Burgundy
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Andy McMaster said:
I'm being dragged off by my wife to the torture of Guadeloupe and having to sit on a beach throughout Christmas and New Year.....Unbeknownst to the wife I've slipped the entire Russian and German OBs into my luggage so I can sit on the beach and finally clip my counters! Paradise in Paradise. :cool:

Sure beats the environment I clipped all my counters in - the dining room off of the kitchen. Maybe I'll go to the Carribbean after I receive Armies of Oblivion........

cuckoo

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
clipped?

ok guys, help a noob out at christmas - what exactly does 'clipping' entail, and what advice, if any, do you have for a raw recruit (who is eagerly awaiting a box of counters from santa) ?

The only thing I've ever done with counters is ease 'em apart with a craft knife...

cujo8-1

The Earl of Burgundy
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
cuckoo said:
ok guys, help a noob out at christmas - what exactly does 'clipping' entail, and what advice, if any, do you have for a raw recruit (who is eagerly awaiting a box of counters from santa) ?

The only thing I've ever done with counters is ease 'em apart with a craft knife...
This practice is oftentimes heavily debated on this forum and others.

Some people will use toenail or fingernail clippers to 'clip' off the corners of each counter in the belief that it makes them easier to move without 'catching' the corners of other stacked counters on the gameboard and thus avoiding knocking them over. Others just like the streamlined look.

I have clipped all of the counters I own for the reasons above. The only drawback is the time it takes to do this and the possibility of developing carpal tunnel in my wrists. :D

jserrano

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
I like the trimmed look of them. I usually play with my nail clippers handy. Every time I have to use an untrimmed counter I clip its corners before using it. I must have clipped half of my counters by now.