Red Barricades VC - Rubble and Stone Loc Control

commissar1969

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen:

My friend and I are in the middle of an RB III campaign.

Today there was a Building I was attacking that was subject to an OBA attack. Several hexes of what used to be an 18-Location Building are now completely rubbled. Does that mean there are less Stone Locations, or do I still receive credit for Stone Locations that - during play - have ceased to exist?

The only relevant rule we've been able to find is the following - but it doesn't help much:

26.161 A player is not held responsible for Fires started randomly while firing (e.g., with HE, FT, MOL, WP, or vs Huts [G5.6] or by causing a Burning Wreck), or for Fires existing at the start of play. An accidentally-started Flame counter does not affect Control in any way, but such Blaze counters may: if the ground level Location(s) of one or more adjacent hexes are unenterable by both sides because of such Blaze counter(s), the side that Controls a majority of hexes adjacent to this area also gains Control of all hexes of this area. Any Location that is unenterable due to such a Blaze or Rubble is Controlled by the side Controlling its hex. Control of a building that is unenterable due to such a Blaze is gained by the side Controlling all of the building hexes per the first part of this rule. The Locations/hexes/buildings must be unenterable by all Ground units of both sides for this rule to apply.

Thanks in advance,

Commie

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
These are multi-level buildings, not factories, right? If so, the upper level & cellar locations are lost.

q&a said:
O11.6062 & O11.6065 (a) When do Strategic Locations that are gained during this step count for VP purposes; the day they were gained (even though Victory determination is determined in O11.6031), the next day or not at all?
A. Not at all.
(b) If a Strategic Location is captured, but later the same day is eliminated (due to Rubble in a lower level of that building hex), is the Location counted for VP purposes?
A. No.
(c) If a Strategic Location is eliminated due to Rubble in a lower level of that building hex, is that Location counted for VP purposes?
A. No. [Compil3]
JR