RB CG CVP Question

cwillmer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Germans have captured 2 Russian ATGs. Do the Russians count these as losses during the RePh? What are the CVP values: 2 CVP for each Gun or 4 CVP since they were captured?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The CVP calculations for RB are based upon the losses suffered not the CVP gain by the enemy so the CVP count would be =2.

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am the German in question here...and in case it matters here are the particulars in case they matter to CVP.

Technically I recovered one abandoned gun during play and subsequently destroyed it.

The other gun was abandoned within my perimeter during the refit phase and therefore retained by me.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is a little unclear as it addresses casualties suffered by a side based upon CVP and not upon CVP for Capture as expressed in A26.222 per se as these seem to be awarded to the capturing side (NA in RB/RO I believe). Now it would seem as if the the captured guns were lost/destroyed by the capturing side those CVP loss would not be attributed to the capturing side either as per rule but I could certainly be incorrect. It would seem to me that once those items were captured that any loss of those items would be considered a CVP loss by the capturing side; but again that's only me and not sure I could back it up rule wise. Sorry, but that's the best as I can do interpreting their intent.

Simon62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
We are playing that no CVP’s are gained for SW’s only SMC’s,MMC’s and vehicles.

this is not for any particular reason, as we hadn’t thought of this, but when SW’s are moved the the casualty bins in VASL the CVP does not change so we thought that they didn’t count for CVP

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
See A26.* for CVP values {Also values listed on the Chapter A Diver Chart} and the circumstances required to attain them. NOTE: Not all circumstances will apply to RB/RO because the only casualties (CVP) that are of value to a side are the ones incurred by the losing side and the gain of CVP don't seem to come into play.