Quick 3BoM question

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Would a unit moving along an unfinished RR within a RR cut spend 1.5 MPs (column) and 2 MP (line) given otherwise open ground? I figure the constriction of the RR cut would add the +1 MP cost, but it's always better to be safe.

Tom DeFranco

Reaction score
[QUOTE='Ol Fezziwig]Would a unit moving along an unfinished RR within a RR cut spend 1.5 MPs (column) and 2 MP (line) given otherwise open ground? I figure the constriction of the RR cut would add the +1 MP cost, but it's always better to be safe.[/QUOTE]

I don't have the rules handy. I'll check and get back to you later today. Was that movement rate assumption for any given scenario? Was it for any given battle, 1st 2nd or 3rd Manassas?

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pretty sure it's just the regular rate given on the Movement Chart on the map. I wasn't sure if the RR rate (unfinished/finished) trumped the +1 for the RR cut cost or if the +1 was added to the base terrain of the hex cost (OR if the +1 was for crossing only a protective hexside...oops, that shows NE). Of course, having an ASL background makes me look for 'something more' to be there.

Tom DeFranco

Reaction score
[QUOTE='Ol Fezziwig]Pretty sure it's just the regular rate given on the Movement Chart on the map. I wasn't sure if the RR rate (unfinished/finished) trumped the +1 for the RR cut cost or if the +1 was added to the base terrain of the hex cost (OR if the +1 was for crossing only a protective hexside...oops, that shows NE). Of course, having an ASL background makes me look for 'something more' to be there.[/QUOTE]

Off the top of my head, and knowing how the Gamers work un general, I would say that the +1 is added to the base cost of the terrain in the hex.

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States