Productive ASL weekend

G

Hi Players,

This weekend was a particularly good one from a scenario design aspect. Friday night I did the layout for a new scenario called The Five Pound Prize. It's a bloody gem!

Saturday, Wes Neal and I collaberated on a scenario called Loonies and Leicesters. It's a bloody gem too!

We then playtested an earlier design called Operation Mitten. We had good fun playing it and it was close even though it was a first draft. Some have said that a first draft Schwerpunkt playtest is as balanced as some final versions of other scenarios. Well, I it a real gem!

Then on Sunday I finished a scenario I titled "Barracuda!" And yes, it is a gem as well.

So that is my ASL weekend.

What did you do?

Evan Sherry

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I outlasted fellow central Ohio ASLer Kenn Monte in a George Kelln scenario, "First Blood," featuring elite British troops (Kenn) taking on a handful of ELR 1 Italians (me) in a swirling dust storm. Highlights of the scenario included Kenn's back to back snakeyes for a mortar shot, turning some of my guys into dust, and my Italian 150mm artillery piece scoring a juicy hit, which turned out to be a dud. However, my Italians did not ELR even once, and they saved the day for Il Duce.

G

Mark,

Nice pictures. If you played a scenario this weekend you did your duty to the hobby. Too bad it was not a Schwerpunkt scenario. As you know they're all gems.

G

Mark:

Looks like you have a really active group of gamers there. That must be great. It also looks like you have a lot of young blood. Time to start recruiting for ASL!!!.

The Large Kingmaker game looked like a blast. When I was in the Columbus area back in the 80s (when I went to Ohio Wesleyan) I never found a large group of gamers like you have.

Have fun after Thanksgiving, looks like it will be a blast

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We do have an active group of gamers. I wish I could say the same for ASL in particular.

However, I did play "Dogs of War" on Friday, and won, so I feel I had two victories that day (g). And in just a few minutes, I will be going out to play another game of ASL, so this Thanksgiving Day weekend will have been a productive ASL weekend, too.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yesterday I played Craig Hornish in a game of FE 10: An Abandoned Army from the first Paul Kenny Fanatic Pack. It features 10 2nd line Japanese squads going against 3 first line and 6 green Allied Minor (Dutch) squads on Java. The Japanese must get 22 vp through cvp or exit vp (which are doubled). The Japanese SAN, which is 5, generates a pro-Japanese Javanese partisan unit (a 3-3-7, 1-2-7, hero, or 7-0 leader) on a sniper dr of 3 or 4.

This turned out to be a very fun (and replayable) little scenario. Very fast moving--from set up to completion of play was about 4 hours. I recommend it.