Prisoners and Exit VP

M.Netto

Reaction score
Country
llBrazil
We are playing Fighting Withdrawal, our first scenario using Exit VP. The scenario description just establish that the Finns will win if, at the end of the last turn, they have exited more VP than the Russians and lose otherwise. My understanding of the rules is that CVP (eliminated units) don't count when the scenario is asking for Exit VP only.

A26.222 states that if a prisoner is eliminated due to an attack by its own side, the capturing side immediately receives double CVP for the elimination, yet here it is dealing with Casualty Victory Points. A26.23, which deals with Exit Victory Conditions, states that captured enemy units exited according to the Victory Conditions count as normal VP during play and double VP at scenario end pointing to A26.222 where this double value condition is first established.

What happens, in a game that counts only Exit VP, if a side eliminates its own side prisoners before it can be conducted to the exit point, will it count double VP as if successfully exited?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
What happens, in a game that counts only Exit VP, if a side eliminates its own side prisoners before it can be conducted to the exit point, will it count double VP as if successfully exited?
No, as they did not exit....

M.Netto

Reaction score
Country
llBrazil
So, since a squad will count twice after the game ends, I suppose it is quite a good tactic to fire against your own side prisoners if they are about to exit the board as captured units. Or is there some catch here I'm not being able to see?

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So, since a squad will count twice after the game ends, I suppose it is quite a good tactic to fire against your own side prisoners if they are about to exit the board as captured units. Or is there some catch here I'm not being able to see?
Yes it could be very useful to fire on the enemy units Guarding your captured units (you can't actually target your units, but might effect them when firing at the enemy units guarding them).

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
So the onus is for the Guarding player to "protect" the Guards+Prisoners, minimizing (as much as possible) enemy fire vs them....

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you fire at an enemy unit guarding squad counters of prisoners you may get lucky and break the guard. If the prisoner squad fails its MC, it's only CRed and can try to attack the guard.