Posted deleted because flaged as advertisement?

Red2112

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
I recently posted a video of a upcoming game. I did a showcase of what the game is about. It´s not even out yet and wont be till Q3. The post has been deleted because of advertisement. Kind of odd as any thing you post with regards to ANY game could be flaged/taged as advertisement.

Iam not behind the game, but do like to support new devs/games and I don´t get paid for it, so I simply don´t get this. Any how, really don´t know what to think when some one here post a video, as everything can be considerd "exposure" of such product/thoughs...

Red

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Posting of active links to product promotion or ordering is considered advertisement. There were multiple links to promotional sites.

From Community Code of Conduct and Terms of Use :

"
Advertisements
Do not post advertisements for products or services on the GameSquad forums without express permission to do so. Want to advertise your goods or services? Contact us for information on marketing opportunities and current ad rates.

Last edited:

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Confused, how is this different then all the ASL “advertisements” posted when new products or preorders come up to MMP, BFG, LFT, and CH?

None of those posts get deleted.

Or does this only pertain to PC games?

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Confused, how is this different then all the ASL “advertisements” posted when new products or preorders come up to MMP, BFG, LFT, and CH?

None of those posts get deleted.

Or does this only pertain to PC games?
A question that the mods have asked of the management ever since the Emporium made it's appearance.

As far as I am concerned the deciding fact is that active links to promotional and/or ordering sites were present in the post....and yes, we do look for that and have deleted posts with those things in the past.

I would be tickled pink for more definitive guidance. Something that needs to be figured out and defined.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
I would also add that there was a YouTube on the message as well, which would have been just fine without the links to promotional/ordering web sites.

Red2112

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
I would also add that there was a YouTube on the message as well, which would have been just fine without the links to promotional/ordering web sites.
None of the links in the description box of the video could be used to purchase, as the game is in it´s alpha version. Steam product page with no purchase option, other was the devs home site, with no purchase option either...

But no worries, last time for me.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
More definitive guidance is being provided to the mods.

Cut the mods some slack because it’s not always easy to differentiate between legitimate posts discussing interesting upcoming games and spam.

Red2112

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
I understand that Dr Zaius. Just making a point, that´s all. The title of the vid did say "showcase", and it´s a game in it´s alpha state. Main reaosn I did it was for folks to get to know this unique game, as I said before, I get nothing out of it, and the game wont be out till the Q3 2019, and that´s if all goes well.

Any how, sorry If I caused any issue, Iam sure Jazz was just doing what he thought right.

Care,

Red

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the reply.

The GameSquad mods do an excellent job and are generally very hands off compared to other forums. If you still want to post this, contact one of the mods or myself by private conversation and we'll take a look at it.