Player Report: The Finnish Badlands

Siberian HEAT

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've played a couple of early game invasion of Finlands with the new Badland hexes of 3.4. I think overall the situation is an improvement over the older versions - as sending any units "into the wasteland" to try to flank the Finns is really a one-way trip. This puts greater importance on the northern fronts, as a way to necessarily spread the Finns around to dilute them. Still a hefty investment of Russian manpower, but for someone serious about knocking them out it should still be do-able.

Anyone else have any experience with the new changes? Curious to hear some different opinions.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I've got two new games going, both on turns 2. I'm the Allies in both, and I decided to attampt the Finns with a 'we'll see how it goes' attitude to test things out. (The idea of the Swedes joining in scares the hell out of me :) )

I'll provide some thoughts as the situation develops.

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
Mark Stevens said:
If it works we have Pelle to thank: if not, Mark to blame!
Let us Blame Mark Blame Mark Blame Mark .. (replace that Canada in the blame canada song :D )... :devious:

SkyVon

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mantis said:
I'm just starting to swarm into Finland in one game. I'll let you know! :laugh:
We're all waiting to know how it went...do tell. And no, as far as you know I won't use this information against you :p