Placed DC rule

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Why would our hero and Savior (the crowd cheer) have to roll a RANDOM placement DR
when he PICKED perfectly the REAR target facing after crawling in shit for 1 hour.

7.346 DC: The resolution of a Placed/Thrown DC attack vs an armored target (A23.5) requires a Position DR to determine the AF to be applied The DC Position DR also serves as the hit location DR (3.9).

I think if you crawled in shit for an hour you would want the DC to
blow up as arranged.

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
You're using him the wrong way.

Instead, he should be manning AAMG on vehicles that cannot otherwise have riders. Bonus effect: no crawling.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
What is the rules interpretation question?
What haven't you understood of the rule?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
good questions RR but methinks he just doesn't like the rule; he understands it completely.
Well, he is fully allowed his opinion on the rules.
This folder however is devoted to rules questions, and not to questioning design choices.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland

Mr Incredible

Rod loves red undies
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Are we now having a discussion about how NICE German General's were??

What am I suppose to do with Paul Hausser of the SS my own view is as I said before the result of 5 years of war
is amply demonstrated in Berlin by Anthony Beever.

I can just see General Montgomery tell his engineers, remember boys when you throw a DC in the
AFPh screem, I rolled a patsy, I rolled a patsy !!

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
Well, he is fully allowed his opinion on the rules.
This folder however is devoted to rules questions, and not to questioning design choices.
Is there a folder/thread devoted to questioning design choices? Maybe I haven't looked for it!

A lot of times rules issues are related to misunderstandings and interpretations of design choices. In this case the OP mistakenly assumes that crawling in the mud means a hero will be perfectly positioned to place a DC, no matter what. His banter is not a convincing argument that there is a design problem. He probably lost a scenario or something because of it :cry:

On the other hand, there is a justifiable argument that allowing hero riders to fire AAMG on otherwise unrideable vehicles is a design flaw and a rules flaw. But I have discussed this elsewhere -- in this folder/thread.

Sometimes the rules are wrong as related to design choices. For example, allowing guards to deploy at will at any time. When at other times, in most cases, deployment is not guaranteed and can only be done in the Rally Phase. It's difficult and involves using a leader for just that alone. Now, I'm not sure why that should be.... but....

As a result, some players think it's cute and masterful to 'pass the prisoners' in order to deploy Russian squads, thereby making cheap HS stacks for human waves. The guard deployment rule is a bad one, leading to unfair Russian play. Of course some will argue that this is a mere side effect of the rules. By the way the same player used the 'turn the turret to force voluntary bailout' in a manner that is beyond a side effect, but that's yet another design effect (or defect) that caused a lot of discussion about the rule, again, in this thread.

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
What am I suppose to do with Paul Hausser of the SS my own view is as I said before the result of 5 years of war is amply demonstrated in Berlin by Anthony Beever.
This statement could almost be interesting and sensible if the grammar/structure were to be corrected.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
The general folder is the place for debating or contesting some aspect of the rules or of their design.
The rules and errata folders should be limited on questions on how to play the rules as written correctly.

As for the person who admires Oberst Hausser, she is allowed to her opinion.
Beevor's book certainly showed that the Soviets did awful things. But that doesn't mean that the SS were as everybody else and that their crimes shouldn't be exposed as exceptionally serious.
Equating all things is a typical revisionisi and negationist logical fallacy.
But again, Oberst Hausser - probably an American - is fully allowed to express his ideological views.
As much as other people are to oppose them.

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
The general folder is the place for debating or contesting some aspect of the rules or of their design.
The rules and errata folders should be limited on questions on how to play the rules as written correctly.

As for the person who admires Oberst Hausser, she is allowed to her opinion.
Beevor's book certainly showed that the Soviets did awful things. But that doesn't mean that the SS were as everybody else and that their crimes shouldn't be exposed as exceptionally serious.
Equating all things is a typical revisionisi and negationist logical fallacy.
But again, Oberst Hausser - probably an American - is fully allowed to express his ideological views.
As much as other people are to oppose them.
I do agree that equivocation of values is a logical fallacy that leads to dangerous conditions. I'll refrain from citing some examples due to the strict limitations you've imposed on what should be said in here :)

But the OP doesn't write as if he's a native speaker of English. I think there is a good chance of Swiss origin, as much as any other. But probability is on your side, as I think more than 80% of legitimate ASL players are from the USA. I can't remember where I saw that statistic.

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
yeah? plenty of non-native speakers and non-Americans on the west coast! But good catch determining geographical location! I don't see where you find the time stamp data... interesting.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I'll refrain from citing some examples due to the strict limitations you've imposed on what should be said in here :)
I have imposed nothing.
I reported the thread as out of place and the moderators moved it to the off topic folder, where we are now.
I cannot impose anything, so if you have a request about the decision made, contact Jazz or the other moderators.
So there is no restriction to answering rules questions.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I don't know any of the few Swiss players who hold revisionist views.
And most of them have a pseudo which matches their real name.

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
I have imposed nothing.
I reported the thread as out of place and the moderators moved it to the off topic folder, where we are now.
I cannot impose anything, so if you have a request about the decision made, contact Jazz or the other moderators.
So there is no restriction to answering rules questions.
Did you think I was serious? Certainly there are limitations in expressing humor in threads. I really don't care about the outcome of your request, nor the decision to have it removed from the thread or where it has wound up. None of it matters to me and I have no possible request to send to Jazz or any moderator; I wouldn't trouble them with such nonsense.

It's funny that you should report it as off topic when you were as off-topic as the rest. I hope you can take that joke, at least :)

By the way, I don't either care how many Swiss players have any sort of view about any sort of thing. As far as I can tell, you are the only one concerned with revisionism, regardless of country of origin. Except -- perhaps, the OP, but only in response to other off topic remarks.

I don't know any of the few Swiss players who hold revisionist views.
And most of them have a pseudo which matches their real name.
I do agree that pseudos should match the real name or at least the real name be found. In fact I was pretty sure I had done, but see my real name is missing, so I will correct that for the future.

Mr Incredible

Rod loves red undies
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
yeah? plenty of non-native speakers and non-Americans on the west coast! But good catch determining geographical location! I don't see where you find the time stamp data... interesting.
The timezone was stated by the same on another thread seeking a game. Not much detective work required.