Okay, so we have

POS as Russian
+72 Der Kuenstler 86 - 14 POS
+68 RNL Tiger 84 - 16 POS
+56 ER Chaser 78 - 22 POS
-20 Andre(?) 40 - 60 POS

POS as German
-10 CMant 45 - 55 POS

Anyone else want to share their score? Is there a place all the scores are posted?

Der Kuenstler

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the marshes sector my Russians seized the flag but all the...halftracks were subsequently wrecked...
POS I don't think I knocked out all of your halftracks - you had at least three left - and you still held the one flag. I think what happened was I destroyed so much of your stuff without losing much of mine (I had all infantry and guns in cover - I had no tanks for you to knock out) that it triggered the auto-surrender which caused all the halftracks left to abandon by themselves and all flags went German.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
.. it triggered the auto-surrender which caused all the halftracks left to abandon by themselves and all flags went German.
Yo, at first I thought the game had ended normally but on reflection I realise the program stepped in like an interfering boxing referee to stop the fight in order to save me further punishment, it does that sometimes if a players lost a lot of units and still refuses to surrender..

"I just wanna prove somethin' -- I ain't no bum... It don't matter if I lose... Don't matter if he opens my head... The only thing I wanna do is go the distance -- That's all ---If I go them fifteen rounds, an' that bell rings an' I'm still standin', I'm gonna know then I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood"...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
..Anyone else want to share their score? Is there a place all the scores are posted?
I thought of doing a complete list of all the results but I don't want to embarrass the people with low scores.
I mean, some poor slob is going to come last, so do we really need to broadcast it?

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I thought of doing a complete list of all the results but I don't want to embarrass the people with low scores.
I mean, some poor slob is going to come last, so do we really need to broadcast it?
It's only a game, what is to be embarrassed about? I think it would be interesting to be able to see how everyone did in relation to others. If nothing else, it would give people of comparative abilities the means to find new opponents.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It's only a game, what is to be embarrassed about?...
Agreed, we're all men here as far as I know, not little girlies who pout and sulk if we lose, after all I'm not afraid to post my own losses (Der Kuenstler trashed me 86-14) ha ha ha..:)

So i'll be including this leader board below in every 'Result just in' post from now on-

LEADER BOARD
Games finished so far- 7/26
(Red=beat POS, Amber=Drew, Green=POS won)

1st- Der Kuenstler (Ger) 86-14
2nd- RNL Tiger (Ger) 84-16
3rd- ER Chaser (Ger) 78-22

4th- CMant (Russ) 45-55
5th- Andre (Ger) 41-59
6th- Airborne Bob (Ger) 40-60
7th- Guderian (Ger) 5-95

---------------------------

POS Won=3, Drew=1, Lost=3
Germans won 3, Russians won 3
Tourney ends June 30th

Last edited:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Interesting, thanks. No intent to embarrass anyone - we all have bad games from time to time. Just curious to see how the Russians fare in this compared to the Germans. To that end, for the stats fans, I can lay it out like so:

POS as Russian
-19 Andre 41 - 59 POS
-20 Airborne Bob 40 - 60 POS
-95 Guderian 5 - 95 POS

POS as German
-10 POS 55 - 45 CMant

I'd also be interested in knowing how many turns each match went. I can't believe our 25-turn variable match is on turn 29...not that it is inconceivable, just never did figure out if this was truly random or if there were variables at play during the game which made a match keep going.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
5 of the 7 games finished so far went into overtime, ending somewhere between 25 and 30 turns, I never logged the exact turn, and another ended when my oppo conceded around turn 14, and another ended in a ceasefire.

Last edited:

Tripps

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
POS as Russian
-19 Andre 41 - 59 POS
-20 Airborne Bob 40 - 60 POS
-95 Guderian 5 - 95 POS

POS as German
-10 POS 55 - 45 CMant

Altho it looks like the majority are choosing Axis - which seems logical, as the Axis get the benifit of defending, where the Allies do not get the benifit of additional points - it appears pretty even at the moment? Im surprised to see that, I thought this kinda favoured the Axis...

Der Kuenstler

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Russian benefit is that they can come from every side instead of just one as in a normal attack, so the Germans don't know what to defend or which way to turn their AFVs...

Tripps

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
The Russian benefit is that they can come from every side instead of just one as in a normal attack, so the Germans don't know what to defend or which way to turn their AFVs...
Hmm I dunno, i'd be very surprised if the Russians came from 'every side' - this dilutes their attacking strength :)
Maybe you meant they could choose 1 side or 2, rather than coming from just the one that the defender knows about? :)

Anyways, Cannot discuss this to openly yet, because POS will learn how im about to rout his Russkies back to Moscow :):p

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
COMBAT FOOTAGE- marshes

With the game deep into overtime, Huzaar unleashes his Kingtiger into the thick of my defences to hunt down its natural prey- Soviet armour.
It killed the two X'd T-34/85's in previous turns and now it rolls forward to slay the remaining two 34/85's, they see it coming and dive to the left to get side shots on it..

Sitting astride the road, the German leviathan kills a T-34 before the hapless Russian machine can bring its turret to bear.
But note the portentous sight at upper right of a bottle of inflammable liquid sailing out of the trees towards the Kingtiger, one of three that were hurled with no effect..

The last T-34 fires at the KT twice, scoring a ricochet and this immobilisation; the KT fires back twice, one miss, one penetration and it's 'auf wiedersehen T-34' (inset)
(Note a grenade in the air above the KT, one of a shower of 3)

Battalion commander Major Badanov himself delivers the fatal grenade that finishes off the KT while shouting at it "Ha! Am I bad enough for you Fritz?"

Last edited:

Der Kuenstler

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can Huzaar comfirm that molotovs actually killed this Kingtiger? If so that's amazing and it's the first time I've ever heard of molotovs hurting anything but open topped vehicles...

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Can Huzaar comfirm that molotovs actually killed this Kingtiger? If so that's amazing and it's the first time I've ever heard of molotovs hurting anything but open topped vehicles...
Well I just lost two brumbars to them in a game against The Hooded One. :cry:

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Can Huzaar comfirm that molotovs actually killed this Kingtiger?....
Because of extreme fow only Huzaar can tell us, but I've just analysed the action frame-by frame and am pretty certain a grenade killed it.
A total of 3 molotovs were thrown and all missed.
3 grenades were thrown, 1 missed and 2 scored a 'Hit', the KT went dead a split second after the last grenade exploded..
(Edit-yes, Huzaar just confirmed to me it was the 3rd grenade that killed it)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
COMBAT FOOTAGE- coastal village

2054172's gun takes on the invading red army..

It scores a partial pen and several pings but my luck holds and it does no real damage..
(edit- I just noticed it's tagged 'light gun'..)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
COMBAT FOOTAGE- hills

Backed up by heavy area-fire from my Russian tanks, the Russian infantry swept ahead and seized Mt. Carmel Hills outpost from the dazed and bleeding survivors, but as the tanks follow up behind, 3 are knocked out by a single gun lurking off to the side..

The view enjoyed by the delighted gun crew, a procession of 3 x SU-100's and a T-34/85 trundling blissfully along as if in a Red Square may day parade..
It slays 2 x SU's and the T-34/85 in quick succession over 2 turns..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
COMBAT FOOTAGE- across map

Two of Herrbixx's Tigers (blue circles at top) have bottled up my Russians in the sailing club (top right), so to break the deadlock I send an SU-100 from the marsh outpost (bottom) in a wide left hook (arrow) to hit one of the Tigers from behind.

It goes like clockwork, this first shot kills the Tiger, but seconds later a German squad runs up behind the SU and fausts it (inset)
(Extreme fow suggests the panzer is a Kingtig but I think it's a Tig.
It bogged and immobd a few turns ago. The craters and burning vegetation are from my other tanks area-fire in a bid to encourage the crew to abandon but they stayed put)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
RESULT JUST IN
Huzaar (Ger) wins tactical victory 70-30

Huzaar ground down my advancing armour columns with a potent combination of a Kingtiger, ATG's and schrecks..

The advance of my 5 Russian AFV's here in the hills ran out of steam under a withering fire from the ATG and schrecks

Screenshot post numbers of this battle- 71 76 212 219
-----------------------------------------------------------

CURRENT LEADER BOARD
Games finished so far- 8/26
(Red=beat POS, Amber=Drew, Green=POS won)

1st- Der Kuenstler (Ger) 86-14
2nd- RNL Tiger (Ger) 84-16
3rd- ER Chaser (Ger) 78-22
4th- Huzaar (Ger) 70-30

5th- CMant (Russ) 45-55
6th- Andre (Ger) 41-59
7th- Airborne Bob (Ger) 40-60
8th- Guderian (Ger) 5-95

---------------------------

POS Won=3, Drew=1, Lost=4
Germans won 4, Russians won 3
Tourney ends June 30th

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
COMBAT FOOTAGE- valley

Stndrtnfhr's Russians overun the farm at the head of the valley and see the open heartland of the pocket before them..
The X's mark 3 dead PzIVH's and a T-34/85.
Note the Russian gun deploying to stave off any German counterattack..

Last edited: