OT: amazing drones

slm

Reaction score
And what if they fly several in tight formation like shown in the beginning of the video.

mOBIUS

Reaction score
All they need is little red or orange lights on them and during night flights make 90 degree turns or go straight up. And we have plenty that will swear they could only be secret aircraft with UFO based technology.

slm

Reaction score
That would probably work very well. I have no idea what small drones might cost, but I'd assume they could be very useful in miltary use.

Last edited:

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
I would try and make a military expendible version that used rigid-type explosives as the structural members. I would steal that Israeli method of putting very small titanium particles in the explosives. The titanium particles fly out at terrific velocities but quickly scrub speed after a very well defined spherical area. This gives a very good and well defined danger zone. One could fly one of these things into a room and attack one individual and the rest could just be 'flash-banged'. It would be useful to fly into buildings through doors and windows and even attack weapons like RPG rounds. The 'kamikazi-robot' would set them off with a direct hit. They could use LED type night vision and fly into caves, etc.

Counter-measures would spring up. Thin netting would catch them. Shotguns with bird-shot would be enough to take them down.

I was amazed at the toy my kid got. Its a very light RC helicopter and it appears to just run from a super-capacitor. Daddy like.