Original ASL rule book question

Status
Not open for further replies.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My original rule book walked off at a tournament a few years ago. Of course it was competely up to date with all the errata and additions from all the core modules. I recently purchased a new 2nd edition rule book still in the shrink wrap. What am I going to need to get my hands on to make it complete? Is there a list of additional rules that came in other products? I do have the rules for fw, rs, totr and armies of oblivion as a starting point.

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry to hear about your rulebook. Your best bet is either the eASLRB v 2.1 and/or the new pASLRB. Hopefully your HASL rulebook is still in your possession.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I should have stated that I own both the pocket and e versions. My question was not what are my alternatives. And, yes, my hasl rules are a separate spiral bound rule book luckily.

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
While I don't give the full rule, I have entries like "A25.01 Add the new rule from TOTR replacement pages. [TOTR]" in my Q&A/Errata compilation, here in Resources.

Blaze

Final Fired
Reaction score
First name
Brian
Country
llUnited States
My original rule book walked off at a tournament a few years ago. Of course it was competely up to date with all the errata and additions from all the core modules. I recently purchased a new 2nd edition rule book still in the shrink wrap. What am I going to need to get my hands on to make it complete? Is there a list of additional rules that came in other products? I do have the rules for fw, rs, totr and armies of oblivion as a starting point.
How much of the rules were in your binder? Did you lose chapter H along with it? Generally, IIRC, my binder has A thru E. the PTO DTO in its own, and Chapter H a mega binder.

Mine has a lot of sticky errata in it. along with some printable pages from MMP. But I see your problem. There is no armory of rules update pages so you can't isolate just what you need. There may be a person or two here that actually knows this. shrug

The question is, why? The eASLRB and pASLRB kind of make the binder obsolete. Now, I know if it were me, my OCD would have me do everything I can to get the binder completed. Therefore, I would probably contact MMP and see what I needed as well as if they have extra replacement pages to get me back in order.

I know it is mentioned that the Electronic and Pockets are not to replace the binder rules, but I don't see it as a priority for MMP to print them. I assume the cost for the wider pages with holes punched is a cost hurdle for the publisher. That said, they have the layout for the print on demand pocket rules, if they did a print on demand of 8x11 pages unbound, that would be a great alternative. Let's be honest how many players do NOT use page protectors? Slip them into page protectors and voila! If they did the eASLRB in 8x11 loose pages, I'd even buy it. My second edition RB is Frankenstein with stick errata and pencil notes. So...

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
I just thumbed through my 2nd Ed rulebook that I keep up to date and found these updates. I know some of the updates updated other updates, but I think this is all the latest additions to the 2000 2nd Ed. rulebook--not counting HASLs or Chapter H:

A15vB-16vB (2000, download PDF and print from MMP)
A51-63 (2024, Twilight of the Reich)
B7vB-8vB (2000, download PDF and print from MMP)
B9-10B (2008, ???)
B41-46 (2024, Twilight of the Reich)
D5vB-8vB (2000, download PDF and print from MMP)
D21-22 (2006, Amies of Oblivion)
D23-D26 (2014, ???)
E9-E10A (2014, ???)
F (2021, Hollow Legions)
G (2013, Rising Sun)
W (2017, Forgotten War)

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
I just thumbed through my 2nd Ed rulebook that I keep up to date and found these updates. I know some of the updates updated other updates, but I think this is all the latest additions to the 2000 2nd Ed. rulebook--not counting HASLs or Chapter H:

B9-10B (2008, ???)

D23-D26 (2014, ???)
E9-E10A (2014, ???)
2008 Pages came with Action Pack #4 and 2014 With Hakkaa Päälle.

Hakkaa Päälle had most of the chapters dividers updated as well.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I only lost a thru f. H is a separate spiral bound book as is all the hasl rules.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok cool this is really helpful.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I never purchased the updated hollow legions so I guess this is an excuse.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How much of the rules were in your binder? Did you lose chapter H along with it? Generally, IIRC, my binder has A thru E. the PTO DTO in its own, and Chapter H a mega binder.

Mine has a lot of sticky errata in it. along with some printable pages from MMP. But I see your problem. There is no armory of rules update pages so you can't isolate just what you need. There may be a person or two here that actually knows this. shrug

The question is, why? The eASLRB and pASLRB kind of make the binder obsolete. Now, I know if it were me, my OCD would have me do everything I can to get the binder completed. Therefore, I would probably contact MMP and see what I needed as well as if they have extra replacement pages to get me back in order.

I know it is mentioned that the Electronic and Pockets are not to replace the binder rules, but I don't see it as a priority for MMP to print them. I assume the cost for the wider pages with holes punched is a cost hurdle for the publisher. That said, they have the layout for the print on demand pocket rules, if they did a print on demand of 8x11 pages unbound, that would be a great alternative. Let's be honest how many players do NOT use page protectors? Slip them into page protectors and voila! If they did the eASLRB in 8x11 loose pages, I'd even buy it. My second edition RB is Frankenstein with stick errata and pencil notes. So...
As you mentioned my ocd will not let it rest.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
This post is inappropriate.
Lemme get this straight....you are going through all this angst and visiting it on the forums to update a Rev 1 ASLRB to Rev 2?

WT everloving F?

BUY THE REV 2 BOOK. End of discussion.

If I had OCD at your level I would seek professional help.

Jesus H. Christ.....doesn't' anybody screen these messages?

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Lemme get this straight....you are going through all this angst and visiting it on the forums to update a Rev 1 ASLRB to Rev 2?

WT everloving F?

Reading comprehension 1
You 0

I recently purchased a new 2nd edition rule book
Simply purchasing a new rule book does not make it complete. It doesn't come with chapters f, g, w nor any of the updated pages released since 2000.

What's your problem?

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Reading comprehension 1
You 0

Simply purchasing a new rule book does not make it complete. It doesn't come with chapters f, g, w nor any of the updated pages released since 2000.

What's your problem?
Mea culpa

Get the electronic book.You'll probably live longer

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

WT everloving F?

Let me give you a piece of advice that will help you out with every part of your life. If you don't like it don't read it. The fact that you replied like you did says a lot about you.

Status
Not open for further replies.