Officer's Promotions, your new abilities etc.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hey guys (and lady! ;) )

Last night I bumped those of you that can access this forum into the highest Officer Class that we have. With this change comes a new ability - promote/demote.

I'd like to ask that you do not make any promotions or demotions themselves; we're working on a new system for that, one that requires members to be registered with the forums or they will not receive any promotions whatsoever, but more details will follow on that as I find time to post the new threads.

What the promote/demote options give you the ability to do is to 'police' the guild chat (or anything related to our member's actions) and take appropriate steps when there is no founder online.

The second guild rank (used to be 'Grunt') has now been renamed to ***SUSPENDED***. The deal is that if someone is getting out of hand, whether it be in guild chat (which will most often be the case) or what have you - you will now be able to take steps to deal with the situation when there is no founder online to assist you.

Simply give a (polite! :D ) warning to the member in question, and if they continue to misbehave, publicly dis you, or refuse to listen, you can promote/demote them until they are placed in the ***SUSPENDED*** rank. I've changed the permissions for said rank so that the members in there will not be able to see or post in guild chat. This should help quiet them down somewhat until they can be fully dealt with.

They will still be able to spread any type of BS they want in the public channel - but they can do that even if they are booted, so no big deal.

But please remember the following!

If you have to give a warning to a person, please make a note of it in Officer Notes - include the date and your name. Have to keep it short (space problems) - so just put what they did, and the date - swearing(05/30/07)Benic type of thing. Do this even if they listen to you, and stop their bad behavior.

If it goes a step further, and you feel you need to suspend them (because they ignored you, etc), do the same thing, except put *SUS* in there as well, thus: *SUS*swearing(05/30/07)Dontdoit

Hopefully, this will give you guys the ability to keep the peace, and ensure that the members give you the proper respect that you deserve. One last item, and I know it's a bit more work for you, but it will saves us loads of work in the long run... Keep a little note available while you play (or have the forum open, whatever works for you), and please make a quick report in here (I'll make a thread for it) briefly describing the event that took place, what you did, and what happened. This way, we can have *all* of these records easily to hand, instead of searching through 350 member records one by one to see what happened. It will also more easily allow us to keep track of repeat offenders.

If you can get the text of the exchange too, that would be even better!

Any thoughts or suggestions on this guys?

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
(I don't think you guys have access to Officer's Notes yet, but I'll deal with that tonite - so if anything happens today, just put the relevant information in the thread I will create for it in this forum in the next few minutes. Thanks!)

SirBungee

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Well i thought i just Post something on here since this last one on my list
HI