Now ASLers WILL play Other Games...

Ichibrothers

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jeff,
Great to see you online the other night. Look forward to a game some day if I can ever get the office to stop calling me....lol!! Hope to see some other ASL'ers as well. I always tried to get Mark into the voice chat thing....sounds like it worked out very well for you and Paul. Wish Rodney could make it an intergral component of VASSAL...though that is probably a tall order!

Later,
Bill

BTW: Busy? Other than more color, there is no more info on a LnL counter than an ASL one.......to each their own.

da priest

Reaction score
Ichibrothers said:
Jeff,
....I always tried to get Mark into the voice chat thing....sounds like it worked out very well for you and Paul. Wish Rodney could make it an intergral component of VASSAL...though that is probably a tall order!

Later,
Bill
Wish someone would come up with a easy to understand "how-to" on the voice thing... :roll:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
LnL has been out for 6 or 7 months now. Just curious, has any one tried it? I have it and really enjoy it.

Bill
16 years later, yes, both face to face (the Vietnam module) and against the PC (Stalingrad). The PC version has a decent AI. The lower rules overhead is a treat, though the gameplay seems odd - small numbers to play with unlike ASL where the objective sometimes seem to be to firegroup as many units as possible. Also, the order in which the attacks matters in LnL, much moreso than in ASL, so there is a bit more interaction between the two players. Not a better or worse game, just different.