Novice Tables At Tournaments?

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My advice:

Just take the dive!

No better way to learn the game than playing a number of opponents that are better than you.
As mentioned before, VASL is a way to do it.

But if you attend a tournament, you get to know the people and the community much better as well. VASL has its limits when it comes to that. And in VASL, everybody has the identical storage system for counters. What I am saying is, that it is also interesting for a newbie to have a look on the gear people bring. It might inspire you on how to organize or expand your kit, which is not directly related to the game components themselves.

Furthermore, attending a real tournament has a different feel. Did anyone spend an entire week-end or longer playing VASL without pause? A real ASL tournament offers an entire week-end of ASL.

von Marwitz
I learned via the hand on the table, hand hit with hammer, don't place hand on the table, method and learned through self-assessment.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Only way to learn is to jump into the trenches with the troops...and get dirty......listen to the veteran players.. When not playing watch the veterans play, then when the game is done ask them questions. Final rule, is you never learn a damn thing from winning.. the best teacher is to lose , then learn from the mistakes you make.. final bit of advice is write notes on your games, and what to do next time and what to avoid as well..