Nor Cal ASL?

Jockster

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey guys, you can count me in as well. I am new to the bay area, but have been playing ASL for some twenty years. I recently moved here from Maine and am looking to get back into the fold. Saturdays are best for me as well. Just let me know.
Thanks,
Lee Neeman

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Hey guys, you can count me in as well. I am new to the bay area, but have been playing ASL for some twenty years. I recently moved here from Maine and am looking to get back into the fold. Saturdays are best for me as well. Just let me know.
Thanks,
Lee Neeman

About time you got a game in. I was starting to worry about you:)

Bad Dice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm in, tentatively anyway. Poised to get a new job, things may be iffy for the next little while but if I can make it I will.

As to who in the relatively-local area plays ASL, there's myself, Dave Story, cjsloki, and Chris. There's another ASL player near where I live, but I don't know if he'd have the time as he does a lot of traveling for his job, and has a wife and two kids. I'll drop him an e-mail and let him know about this shindig, maybe even get him to sign up. There's another player in Redding, BTW, I'll mention this as well when I send this other gent the aforementioned e-mail.

Jockster said:
I recently moved here from Maine and am looking to get back into the fold.
Where in Maine are you from? I was stationed up near Caribou, from '88-'90.

BD

Jockster

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm in, tentatively anyway. Poised to get a new job, things may be iffy for the next little while but if I can make it I will.

As to who in the relatively-local area plays ASL, there's myself, Dave Story, cjsloki, and Chris. There's another ASL player near where I live, but I don't know if he'd have the time as he does a lot of traveling for his job, and has a wife and two kids. I'll drop him an e-mail and let him know about this shindig, maybe even get him to sign up. There's another player in Redding, BTW, I'll mention this as well when I send this other gent the aforementioned e-mail.

Where in Maine are you from? I was stationed up near Caribou, from '88-'90.

BD
Caribou, now that's about as far north as one can go in this continental US of A. I lived in southern Maine in the Portland area. Like the weather here a lot better. Where is Elk Grove? For conversation sake anyway, I guess I could look it up.
I got together, for the first time, with Bryant from American Canyon. Had a great time, very enjoyable person to spend an afternoon gaming with. We are both looking forward to getting together with everyone sometime in January. The question is, where and when?

Bad Dice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Elk Grove is about 15 miles south of Sacramento. One of the many bedroom-communities which have sprung up here since the Bay Ares started moving east. Nice place, trees, swimming pools, movie stars, ASL players.

Better than Caribou.

Shot

chris_olden

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Elk Grove is about 15 miles south of Sacramento. One of the many bedroom-communities which have sprung up here since the Bay Ares started moving east.

ninja please.
Elk Grove has been in it's current location for a hell of a
long time; way before the Gay Area started moving east.
it's sad version of it's former self now, after all the expansion
of the late '80's til today. but it's definitely NOT the
east side of the gay area.
co

p.s.-where's Campbell hiding?

Last edited:

Bad Dice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, except it's about eleventy-billion and six times larger than it was when this former Bay Arean moved here.

Camber-san has taken up the hobby of marriage, and model railroading. He has in the process turned his back on the ways of cardboard. I can't help but think that I had something to do with that.

BD

b2thahizo

Reaction score
dunno.
once we get a date that works, maybe we can find a
good/central location?
co
So far, I've heard Saturday, January 3rd as a potential date and Roseville/Sacramento as a potential location.

Jockster and I would probably carpool from the Vallejo/American Canyon area and meet the rest of you there.

Does Roseville on Jan. 3rd work for the rest of the NorCal ASLers?

If so, should we meet at A-1 Comics in Roseville on that date?

Last edited:

chris_olden

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I guess.
I'm thinkin' that there may be enough of us that
the game store might not have enough room?
anyone confirm/deny?
co

b2thahizo

Reaction score
I'm thinkin' that there may be enough of us that
the game store might not have enough room?
anyone confirm/deny?
co
I'm still willing to host in American Canyon if we want to do it there, but I think our friends from Redding preferred meeting in Roseville.
A-1 Comics (Roseville) has a pretty good number of tables (like 8 or 10?). But, I'm not sure what their policy is regarding reserving space.

Dave, Bad Dice or Cjsloki? Any thoughts?

PS- Chris: if you're interested, I could easily pick you up along I-80 if you wanted to carpool from there.

Last edited:

TDF

Reaction score
It sounds good to me. I just need to verify I have the day off from work. The Roseville area is best for me (aside from Redding :) ), since we have family friends in the area we could stay at.

chris_olden

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
so, if this thing's gonna happen, anyone want to
agree upon/set-up a scenario beforehand to
expedite the playing of said scenario?
here's my list of "would like to play" scenarios;
"Streets Afire" from TAP#1
"Shattered and Tattered" from TAP#2
(yes...both are mine, but I'd like to play them in a
non-playtest setting)
:smoke:
co

DaveStory

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll check with A1 this weekend. They can easily host a dozen people, but if there is a tournament going on, that may be an exception.

Although I'd be up for any scenario, I am also playtesting some SK scenarios for Steve Swan - I'd be willing to spend some of the time on the get-together to contribute to the playtesting aspect of the game.

Bad Dice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scenario-wise I'm up for anything non-SK, and that's only because I know nothing about SK.

Otherwise, I'm the oyster.

BD

DaveStory

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just spoke with Ruth (the manager at A1), and she said that there would be space on Jan 3rd for an ASL meet. The store hours on Saturday are 10a - 10p.

Jockster

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So then, we are on. I will bring a full set and a couple of large scenario books, but I think we should have several full sets there. Some people will finish long before others and may want to leave and take their stuff with them. Just a thought.