New map icons

ralphtrickey

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We're currently planning on allowing 3 distinct icons per map which can be set up per scenario.

Unless the team finds a way to break it, we should be able to provide a limited number of graphics that can be used isntead of place names. These are strictly for eye candy and have no use other than that. These will be used in place of the current placenames in some circumstances. The current suggestions are to ship with an Oil Rig and a Factory icon. Does anyone have other suggestions?

Ralph

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
We're currently planning on allowing 3 distinct icons per map which can be set up per scenario.

Unless the team finds a way to break it, we should be able to provide a limited number of graphics that can be used isntead of place names. These are strictly for eye candy and have no use other than that. These will be used in place of the current placenames in some circumstances. The current suggestions are to ship with an Oil Rig and a Factory icon. Does anyone have other suggestions?

Ralph
I'll have to second Colin's suggestion (http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1982083 ) for a 'generalized' icon...

Seems like having a icon that can serve as a general 'look here' item would be the most utilitarian use for the 3rd icon.

Most Definitly in favor of oil and factory icons!

Silvanski

TOAW Redux Dude
Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
A general non-descript icon can look like the example attached
And of course these map icons can be modded, like some creative minds have been doing with unit icons

shunwick

Reaction score
Country
ll
I agree. Not so much eye candy but could be very useful to mark places of special interest.

C3I
Industry
Bridge
Secret Underground Bunker!
Training Camp
Known love-nest of local despot
Diamond Field
Resources in general
Best Kebabs ...

Is there a place to stop?

Best wishes,
Steve