Need help recalling a movie

Bob Miller

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Back in 1999 I swear I can recall seeing a "sequel" to Paths of Glory. Instead of Kurt Douglas as Colonel Dax in the '57 PoG, either Kurt or Michael played a French general in WWI as well who wanted to execute his own son for cowardice. I can't find any reference to this movie in any of the searches I made. Any help will be appreciated.

Bob Miller

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks guys. I never would have thunk that. Tales From the Crypt, was that an HBO series or was it ever on free cable? I think I watched it in the apt where we bribed the cable guy $20 to get all the movie channels free so that clouds things up for me as to what was shown on what station. Good deal though for the 3 years until I moved.

I'll have to read up on that episode. "Paths of Glory" is one of the more powerful movies ever made (IMO) and it was vexing me knowing that I saw a "sequel" but could never figure out where or how. It was made in 1957 but France banned it until 1978.

Yellow as described in Wikipedia:
"Yellow", the Season 3 finale of Tales from the Crypt, directed by Robert Zemeckis and starring Kirk Douglas and his youngest son Eric Douglas, as a World War I general and his cowardly son

Thanks again both of you and Psyco I'll buy ya a beer next time in Cleveland for ASLOK.