More Qs - PRK6

aslwynn

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Russian AFVS enter with half MPS. FRU or FRD for the 17 MP T34s?

Russian Riders: There is no mention of SMCs in PRK23 which allows Riders as an exception to PRK18. In the Russian forces entering on Turn 1 an 8-1 Infantry SMC is included with the Desant force; it makes no sense the he would not be able to ride with his troops but PRK18 does not allow him to do so.

SSR 4 says the German OBA comes in on Turn 2. Player Turn 2 or Game Turn 2? The absence of a descriptor implies to us that the German can begin his OBA actions during the Top of Turn 2, i.e. the Russian player Turn. Is that correct?

Burnie and Wynn

aslwynn

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Russian AFVS enter with half MPS. FRU or FRD for the 17 MP T34s?

Russian Riders: There is no mention of SMCs in PRK23 which allows Riders as an exception to PRK18. In the Russian forces entering on Turn 1 an 8-1 Infantry SMC is included with the Desant force; it makes no sense the he would not be able to ride with his troops but PRK18 does not allow him to do so.

SSR 4 says the German OBA comes in on Turn 2. Player Turn 2 or Game Turn 2? The absence of a descriptor implies to us that the German can begin his OBA actions during the Top of Turn 2, i.e. the Russian player Turn. Is that correct?

Burnie and Wynn
And one more Q: Is there any reason why the German could not try for radio contact on Turn 1, even though SSR 4 says he can't get a Mission until Turn 2?

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
And one more Q: Is there any reason why the German could not try for radio contact on Turn 1, even though SSR 4 says he can't get a Mission until Turn 2?
1.21 BATTERY ACCESS: Having established or maintained Radio Contact, the player must then immediately attempt to gain Battery Access
You haven't I try to obtain a mission as son as you have contact.

aslwynn

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Road rate.
Of course, but there are no roads here that are relevant! My opponent Burnie and I discussed this and couldn't decide if it was intended to be FRU or FRD. With the benefit of hindsight, we should have just left it is 8.5 MPs and let the last half MP be wasted.

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly

Burnie and Wynn
SMC may always use Armored Assault and be Riders for PRK18, so there is no need for PRK23 to mention them

"Turn" stays for Game Turn, when we want to mean Player Turn we indicate "Player Turn"

aslwynn

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
SMC may always use Armored Assault and be Riders for PRK18, so there is no need for PRK23 to mention them

"Turn" stays for Game Turn, when we want to mean Player Turn we indicate "Player Turn"
OK, thank you. I would recommend you specify (via errata) Player or Game turn in the SSR; such an interpretation is not obvious.