May have been using leaders wrong (SK rules)

Pocky101

Reaction score
I read this passage in the SK3 rulebook: "A leader may use his leadership DRM to modify the IRF DR of any one attacking Infantry unit or FG per player turn..."

Does that mean if a leader stacked with a squad with a MG and the MG and the squad fire at different targets that it could only modify one of those attacks? If the MG maintains ROF would the leadership DRM affect it's subsequent attacks until ROF is lost? Thanks.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I read this passage in the SK3 rulebook: "A leader may use his leadership DRM to modify the IRF DR of any one attacking Infantry unit or FG per player turn..."

Does that mean if a leader stacked with a squad with a MG and the MG and the squad fire at different targets that it could only modify one of those attacks?
That is correct, per the rule you cite, 3.2.2.
If the MG maintains ROF would the leadership DRM affect it's subsequent attacks until ROF is lost?
Yes. Although the ASLSK rules are vague on the matter, the leader may continue using his Leadership with the same FG or a subset of the same. If the Leader directed two MMGs which kept ROF (or did not: that doesn't matter), he could direct both of them again, or he could direct one of them. Once the leader directs a subset of the original FG, he may only direct that subset, or a further subset of that subset.

One additional rules quote I can give you is 1.2.1, "A leader may attempt only one action per phase, but may use his leadership modifier ... more than once in the same phase only ... to direct ROF and/or Defensive Fire attacks"

Another is 3.4, "Leader direction used during Defensive First Fire can be used again in Subsequent First Fire, FPF, or Final Fire, but only for one firing unit or FG, and that unit or FG cannot include different firers than those he directed during First Fire. If forming a new FG druing that player turn, the leader cannot direct its fire (even during FPF)."

I am also applying principles from the ASL rulebook. I don't find the rules I cited to be as air-tight as I would have liked.

JR