Nibelung Valesti
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Lol, totally crazy;

http://www.360-gamer.com/news.asp?id=104

360-gamer said:
Teen put in hospital by 36-year-old man as a result of stock shortages

While it’s normally hardware launches that prompt violence and silliness, it would seem that recently reviewed title Gears of War reached such a level of hype that some customers were actually prepared to use their fists to secure themselves a copy.

According to reports currently floating around the internet, a 15-year-old boy was attacked and actually put into hospital by a 36-year-old man who kicked off in a queue outside a branch of Gamestop in Detroit.

Apparently, the argument developed after store clerks informed the crowd that stocks were running out, at which point the 36-year-old customer attempted to cut in line and when challenged swore at and repeatedly punched the 15-year-old who was to receive the last copy of the game.

Naturally the police were called and the man was arrested for aggravated assault and is currently awaiting arraignment at a local correctional facility.

The kid on the other hand was so badly beaten that he had to go to hospital for treatment to wounds on his face, head and neck. The real bummer though is he doesn’t even have his rightful copy of Gears of War to play as he mends either – this is currently being held by police as evidence.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That really sucks for the kid. If that was me, the man would be in the hospital instead of me >.>

chuloopa

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
man thats seriously messed up. like woah.
i hope the guy gets testicular cancer and dies in horrible pain.
Freakin loser

Naluka

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The game would be the motive for the assault so they probably need it to prosecute... *shrugs* Still incredibly uncalled for....

Adamaniac 791

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I bet the police are playing it right now lol, along with an Xbox 360 that was confiscated as evidence in another case. :hehe:

Anyway that guy is off his freakin' nut, I mean attacking a 15 year old just because he got the last copy of a game he wanted is just extreme. :down:

Jim

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
must have been a good game, any1 got it? worth beating up a kid for it?

he is ****ed up though

Johno

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The creep should be locked up

If it was for a ps3 perhaps, its everyman for himself......

Sprig

Reaction score
First name
Luke
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Johno said:
The creep should be locked up

If it was for a ps3 perhaps, its everyman for himself......
Lmao, i seriously wouldnt feel comfortable carrying a PS3 home from launch.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Evidence!? wtf, i know it's standard procedure and all, but think of the poor kid!.

Adamaniac 791

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Sprigner said:
Lmao, i seriously wouldnt feel comfortable carrying a PS3 home from launch.
Neither would I, thats why I would get mine mail ordered instead. :cool: Thats the beauty of mail order, you don't get that problem. :) Of course then you would get the possible problem of it going "missing" in the post thanks to a theiving postman instead. :hehe: