Let's do something cool for Chris Trout

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Gents - Chris Trout and his wife were very touched by your well wishes (http://bit.ly/3m58ObF) when Andy Hershey read them to him. You REALLY are the best community in the world!

Unfortunately, the road ahead for Chris is long and we can do something really cool together to pick him up a bit more.

We’d like to splice a recording together of your well wishes and encouragements, in YOUR voices. We will have them as a file for Chris’s wife to play for him. HOW COOL IS THAT?

Be thoughtful. Be interesting. Be encouraging. Funny stories, memories & anecdotes are even better. Most importantly, friendly voices bearing well wishes. Imagine how wonderful that will be.

Leave a voicemail via the link below. We will do the rest.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Acknowledgements & Thanks (live updates)
  • Carl Nogueira
  • Kermit Scott Mullins
  • Vic Provost
  • Robin Reeve
  • Xavier Vitry
  • Michal / Manilianus
  • Tom Repetti
  • David Garvin
  • Steven Kyle
  • Jeff
  • Fen
  • Wayne Saunders
  • Mike Balis
  • Martin Vicca
  • Rich Jenulis
  • Allan Cannamore
  • Andy Hershey
  • Perry Cocke
  • Anonymous from France
  • Darryl "Action" Burk
  • Dennis
  • Laurent Closier
  • Hong Kong Wargamer
  • Keith Dalton
  • Dave at the 2HalfSquads

Last edited:

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
ANDY HERSHEY::
All just a little up date on Chris. I saw him for 45 minutes yesterday before his PT/O2 Therapy people came to work with him. No, major changes to report. But I can he still wears his smile. His ability to project speech while still a whisper is a bit stronger. I hinted* at a special project underway for him...ie this...but nothing more. So hoping a few more of you could leave a message or a joke (family level) or an ASl story for him. So we can build up a nice fat audio file form him. Once this so, Jackson and I will look to get it to him. Thanks for your help, and to those who have dropped him a line already.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Update on Chris from Hershey!!

I just spoke with his wife. Chris is coming along. This week he will have his trake apparatus removed, and will be declared fully off the ventilator. He can cross his legs in each direction (cannot walk yet), can move thumbs, and the odd finger on each hand. His wife hopes since he is off ventilator that he can moved closer to her home and not the 4 hours away he is now. If that happens I will be able to visit as before and provide more updates. His wife reckons he is a year out from full recovery if the pace continues as is. That will have been a 1.5 year battle. She asks you continue your prayers.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Terrific New Update on Chris from Hershey!!

Just spoke with Chris' wife. Chris has been moved to a rehab place much*** closer to his home, and thus also to me. So I will be able to visit next weekend (or that is the plan). She says he is coming along well. Might be able to go home in a few weeks time.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Terrific New Update on Chris from Hershey!!

Just spoke with Chris' wife. Chris has been moved to a rehab place much*** closer to his home, and thus also to me. So I will be able to visit next weekend (or that is the plan). She says he is coming along well. Might be able to go home in a few weeks time.
Thanks for the good news on Chris. Prayers continued aye, from the prior post. I can't imagine how tough this has been for Chris, just beyond my comprehension. Here's to a full recovery.

Last edited:

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
From Hershey - RELEASE SOON!

So just got back from an 1.5 hour visit with Chris. and Kim his wife It was great to see him having made progress, and that is spirit is intact. He still has a long way to go, but he is far better than when I last saw him back in April. He will be released soon to go home....poss this Thursday. But he will need extensive PT/OT a home for some time to come. He has special wheel chair which is manuevered via head movement, as Chris cannot yet use his hands, but it does have joy stick for when he can get to that stage. He says next month when I visit him at home he wants to play ASL. The plan he will just tell me where to move his pieces, obviously it will be a simple scenario, and I will roll dice for him. I think this is a just a trap, so he can blame me for bad dice rolls. ;). Anyways, the fact that he will soon be "at home" after what will have been 7.5 months in a hospital of one form or another is something indeed. Credit to his wife Kim who has been a very key element, looking after him and being his advocate and all that goes with this journey. They are both also very grateful for your thoughts and prayers.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
LATEST FROM HERSHEY!!

I visited with Chris at his home today for a few hours. We played some ASL, as he wanted to do so. He cannot as yer move his hands, so he directed his set up and directed where I should move pieces etc. I did handle all dice rolls. He won. I blame my dice.
😉
We played "Clearing With Bayonet" (a KW scenario) from the most recent Dispatches issue released yesterday.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
LATEST FROM HERSHEY!!

I visited with Chris at his home today for a few hours. We played some ASL, as he wanted to do so. He cannot as yer move his hands, so he directed his set up and directed where I should move pieces etc. I did handle all dice rolls. He won. I blame my dice.
😉
We played "Clearing With Bayonet" (a KW scenario) from the most recent Dispatches issue released yesterday.
Well done Andy and good of you to keep us posted.