Leadership Modification during MPh and DFPh?

generalzhukov

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played Gavin Take Friday night with my brother and a new player. My brother and the noobie took the two American entry groups and I played the Germans.

It came down to the last turn, I placed a 1 fire lane plus another 2 residual in the exit hex when the first leader and MMC attempted to run off the board. These shots broke the 747 but the 10-3 shook it off and remained in good order. The 10-3 stayed in the hex with the idea to advance off at the end of the game.

Question: can this 10-3 modify morale checks of units that move into the hex subsequently? I thought that the leader had to start and end its movement with an MMC to confer its benefit during MPh and Defensive First Fire including movement bonus, 1 IPC and morale checks. My brother argued that since the leader was in the hex, his presence would automatically modify morale checks to any unit that later moves through that location.

I could not find the answer in the rule book. Help from the gallery?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The leader's leadership DRM would not affect other units moving through the hex during the MPh but would help any units in the stack during DFPh. While moving (during the MPh) a MMC/lower leader can only use the leadership of a leader moving with it as a stack.

This is question covers a more complicated situation, but the rules/Q&A used should be similar: http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/leadership-drm-during-strafing.128873/

JR

Last edited: