Jutland Gunnery model must be finetuned.

Bullethead

Storm Eagle Studios
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
@ PepsiCan

With the very narrow grouping of salvos like currently in the game, I doubt it is possible. The flat trajectories would only allow it from the ends of the ships read while crossing the T. Broadside, it should be only short or wide over.
The tight salvos ain't going away because they're realistic, even at very long range. In fact, if anything, they're a bit too wide right now for some guns. There's actually a lot of data available on the dispersion of shells within salvos, which we took into account when making the game.

Straddles do happen a lot, but you mostly see them only at ranges of about 13km and beyond. The longer the range, the more straddles you see. It depends on the gun you're firing, too. The lower the muzzle velocity, the higher the tragectory, so the shorter the range at which straddles are possible.

Hillslam

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any friendly fire incidents with all these near misses?
Amazingly, not a one that I saw. And I thought the same thing and was looking for those.
Not even a ship to ship collision. Although I have seen that elsewhere, mostly the Brits driving into each other.

If ever there was a time to have fraps running and recording a movie that was it *kicks self* it was epic.

Last edited:

HReardon

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I was watching one like that only the ship was actually rolling over the other direction. The guns were depressing as far as they could go until she sank. Talk about fighting the ship to the last moment!

Lempereur1

Kapellmeister
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was watching one like that only the ship was actually rolling over the other direction. The guns were depressing as far as they could go until she sank. Talk about fighting the ship to the last moment!
Wait a minute.

KGB said that our sinking model was fake.....:p

kotori87

Reaction score
Picture I promised of 11 degree list and main guns trying to maintain elevation for target range, with water awash on lower deck :cool:

Image Link
I actually saw a predreadnought from the 3rd battle squadron once firing its secondary guns while listing so badly that all the secondary batteries were submerged. On the upward roll, they'd come clear, but in true british style they'd wait to fire until the downward roll.