Japanese Type I HO-KI AT Vehicle

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What passenger rules does the Japanese Type I HO-KI Armored Transport Vehicle use? Just the Halftrack rules D6.6? Or the carrier rules D6.8? It is fully tracked but it has higher armored walls than the bren carriers. So what is this beast considered to be?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
What passenger rules does the Japanese Type I HO-KI Armored Transport Vehicle use? Just the Halftrack rules D6.6? Or the carrier rules D6.8? It is fully tracked but it has higher armored walls than the bren carriers. So what is this beast considered to be?
Since it is fully tracked and is not a carrier, it is treated like neither of those. It is like an LVT or a Kangaroo. As such, FP from Passengers is halved for mounted fire (plus another halving for moving if appropriate) and Passengers may not participate in Fire Groups other than with the other Passengers/AAMG.

JR

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Since it is fully tracked and is not a carrier, it is treated like neither of those. It is like an LVT or a Kangaroo. As such, FP from Passengers is halved for mounted fire (plus another halving for moving if appropriate) and Passengers may not participate in Fire Groups other than with the other Passengers/AAMG.
OK, what rule is this under? I can find no rules for fully tracked APCs. Can the crew and passnegers button up?

countermanCX

Mennonite Jihadi
Reaction score
Country
llMalta
OK, what rule is this under? I can find no rules for fully tracked APCs. Can the crew and passnegers button up?
D6.61 covers them, essentially the P'gers are treated the same as if they were in a truck (D6.7), but they can BU/CE. P'gers & Crew must share the same BU/CE status, but see D5.53 for some EXC. D6.6 applies only to 'Armored Halftracks', & D6.8 applies only to 'Carriers', neither rule can apply to HO-KI P'gers.