Japanese stack undergoing a 1KIA result

aloha_brian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Assume a Japanese stack of 2 full strength squads is attacked with a 1KIA result. Random selection determines one of the squads is KIA.

What happens to the remaining squad?

G1.12 Attack Break states step-reduced for a specific list (and this isn't in the list) of items. The list is "IFT/Collateral-Attack/Bombardment/FPF MC or '1' sniper attack".

G1.13 Other Break states exchange for its two broken HS due to a cause other than those listed in G1.12; and gives examples. I assume it's not an all inclusive list of examples.

I would have thought it would be step reduced (Attack Break) because it's like a failed MC, and due to an attack. But should it be two broken half squads because that result isn't in the G1.12 list?

Thanks,
Brian

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I would have thought it would be step reduced (Attack Break) because it's like a failed MC, and due to an attack. But should it be two broken half squads because that result isn't in the G1.12 list?
I've played it as an attack break, but now i'm not so sure thanks to your reasoning. Would be interested to have further input on this one.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Assume a Japanese stack of 2 full strength squads is attacked with a 1KIA result. Random selection determines one of the squads is KIA.

What happens to the remaining squad?

G1.12 Attack Break states step-reduced for a specific list (and this isn't in the list) of items. The list is "IFT/Collateral-Attack/Bombardment/FPF MC or '1' sniper attack".
It is in the 2nd Edition of Chapter G:

1.12 ATTACK BREAK: An armed, non-berserk Japanese squad that fails an IFT/Collateral-Attack/Bombardment/FPF MC (but does not suffer Casualty Reduction), or “breaks” due to a KIA result (A7.301), or suffers a dr “1” sniper attack is always affected in one of the following ways (1.121-.125):

And this was also added as errata to the 1st Edition of Chapter G:

G1.12: Add ", or “breaks” due to a KIA result (A7.301)," after "Reduction)" {96}

{96} = ASL Annual '96

aloha_brian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks,
And I thought my rule book was 2nd edition. :)
I see it now in my pocket rule book.