ISO Markers and counters needed for play.

Uriah Jones

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So, its been a while since I've played. I have a good grasp still of the rules and have played many times before. My son is getting old enough that he is interested in learning. But somehow over the years I misplaced my planos with all the miscellaneous counters (Prep, Def Fire, Resid. Fire, Pin's, etc...) All those extras are gone! I still have all the nationalities and equipment for each nation.

Is there a good option for replacing the basic markers? I took a look at MMP and there Starter Packs seem to not include many markers.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pick up a SK (or so) it normally has a as about any thing you need save a HASL with a lot of basic counters.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Honestly probably cheaper and easier to buy a copy of beyond valor. There's one on bgg from CLS games in Atlanta for $98. By the time you find, buy, pay for shipping for individual sheets you're over that I'm sure.

Blaze

Final Fired
Reaction score
First name
Brian
Country
llUnited States
For full ASL, I think the path of "Least Pain" is getting a copy of Beyond Valor. I'd go for the 3rd edition. Like stated by the time you get the sheets you need and factor shipping in, it'll be better to spend a little more and get the BV module.

But, before that $$$ plunge, why not get Starter Kit 1 to see if he is interested enough before moving to full ASL? It's stripped-down bare essentials of ASL which is great for getting your feet wet.

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Go to Boardgame Geek or the ASL Armory and figure out what counter sheets for game info counters you need form BV. Call MMP - they may have the sheets for purchase separately. They charge $9 a sheet.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Go to Boardgame Geek or the ASL Armory and figure out what counter sheets for game info counters you need form BV. Call MMP - they may have the sheets for purchase separately. They charge $9 a sheet.
Is that common knowledge? I had no idea.

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I needed the updated FKAC counters from the latest production run - I have the original run before they increased the image and font sizes, and I need bigger - so I called in and got 4 of the 5. They didn't have 5 in stock as a separate sheet, so it can be hit or miss.

I got a couple of sheets from Hatten in Flames and Decision at Elst as well.

Also, watch BGG - sometimes the information is outdated. For instance, there were 6 sheets in the first run - four full and two half sheets. The latest run consolidates the two half sheets into one. So consult Hutch's files on the latest print run to confirm what you want.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Where are you? There is a good chance that a player near you has more prep fire counters than they could possibly use in their lifetime.
I just gave away a full set to my buddy who had misplaced his and I still have an unconscionable number left!