Is the TACTICS Forum a success?

Tork

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is this working? Is it possible for the SysOps to keep track of the number of views in a certain forum over a period of time? If so, then we can compare the number of views of the Tactics Forum to that for some of the others, to see if this was a good idea after all.

No crickets so far, but the week is still young.

Oliver

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jim,

You've earned your Ranger tab. Thanks for leading the way.

This may be a good poll to have in six months or so. But it's certainly good to get some qualititative feedback in the meantime.

Soldier on.

Harold

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
IMO if the Tactics section is going to be a success it needs concrete situations that developed during a scenario that players need to post a VASL example of, either for download or as part of the post that others can visually look at. For instance I recently played The McCown Encounter out of Schwerpunkt. A very interesting fork in the road developed on turn 2. An example would be posted of that situation as it stood there and others could examine the what if's of it. That's my take anyways. Still, it will be awhile before success or failure can be seen. It's up to us.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How can you tell if it is "working" after a couple of hours?

Tork

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Since there was the big question about 'whether this is a waste of time', I figured we might as well think about the measuring stick to use now rather than argue about it later.